The trail is well maintained and meanders about with the changing colors of fall. Last half mile up is steep but still doable with or without spikes, although trekking poles will help. They won’t be able to tell you any specifics but their eyes will brighten and they’ll gush with emotions. All that adds up to Yellow Aster Butte being an undeniably spectacular trail in the Mount Baker region. The Yellow Aster Butte Trail #686.1 shares the trailhead and first 1.4 miles with the Tomyhoi Lake Trail # 686. Link to Forest Service website with trail info: Oct 14, 2019. fullscreen. Tungsten found in the same ore paid the opera- tion expenses, leaving the gold as clear profit. I hiked this past Sunday, and while going up I passed over 150 people coming down before noon. 542 east for 12 miles to Forest Road #3065 (Twin Lakes Road). Feels like you're switchbacking down the side of a cliff. How DARE you skip fall. Help us improve your search experience.Send feedback. amazing views! Woke up Saturday morning to a beautiful sunrise and then made the trek back down. Ryan had the weekend off, so we took advantage and planned to backpack to Yellow Aster Butte. The hike to Yellow Aster Butte is a Northwest Classic, and continuing on to Tomyhoi Peak makes it even more special. Starry, starry night above Mountain Hemlocks ss. Enjoy spectacular views of Mt. Counted 200+ people on their way up before noon. The trail ends with a 200-foot descent on a series of steep switchbacks and narrow tread to Yellow Aster Meadows, where glaciers have carved numerous small tarns (lakes). Did you take a good photo of this peak? The elevation gain is gradual and the summit push is doable. The drive to the trailhead wasn't bad, a few potholes but could be doable in any sort of vehicle. Don't be like us and come prepared. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=17578. A strenuous, 7.5 mile round trip day hike with 2,550 feet of elevation gain. Yellow Aster Butte Date: September 30, 2016 Difficulty: 6 out of 10 Distance: 7.5 miles / 12.07 Kilometers round-trip Elevation Gain: 2,600 feet / 792 meters Time: 4 to 5 hours Location: Near Glacier, Washington Users Group: Hikers & Dogs Only Permits: Discovery Pass Trail Conditions: Dry Hiking With: My wife Linna, Jim & Ione Darmiento, Erik & Emelie Espling, John Biltucci I would say it’s a moderate trail with a few points that are a little hard. Yellow Aster Butte Trail is a 3,882 m green singletrack trail located near Glacier Washington. Shuksan, a Short-eared Owl pumped its wings overhead, sailing over the basin of Yellow Aster Lakes. POSTS FROM NEARBY TRAILS. Known for its impressive wildflowers in the summer, you'll also find fresh berries in the late summer and early autumn. This trail traverses the High Divide on the south facing slopes. And most states don't have a resource like the WTA Hike Finder. Directions from Glacier: Follow the Mt. It was a good experience nonetheless because I would rather be up in the mountains than at home, even if it means a little bit of suffering. The day light would be limited, temps would be cooler, but to get out with no bugs or heat and fall colors is the ideal hike for me. to my Facebook friends. 5:44. The trail cuts up steeply, passing through a beautiful wild berry basin halfway up, and onto a prominent butte with panoramic views. Baker and the 9131 ft Mt. Strolling along the trail, winding up the slopes of Yellow Aster Butte, take your time to soak in the beauty and richness of colors, and pick some berries. Hiked up Friday afternoon, found a great spot to camp. Snow lingers at higher elevations, especially near glaciers most of the year. 4.5 hours round trip for me, and that’s with taking so many stops to take pictures. Yellow Aster Butte is a 6,241-foot Skagit Range summit located three miles south of the Canada–United States border, in Whatcom County of Washington state. I’ve included alltrails.com as my source URL because they have the best website I’ve found for hiking information. Die Route ist am besten von Juni bis September zugänglich. The best time to attempt this 7-mile trail, which is located in the North Cascades near Concrete, is late summer — the snow can stick pretty late into the season. Fiery colors and views of the Cascade Volcanoes make this trail a 5-star, sweat-inducing, awe-inspiring trail. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Email (required) (Address never made public) Name (required) Website. Beautiful hike! Box 42500 , Olympia, WA, 98504-2500, Phone: 360-586-2088, tobyg@tourism.wa.gov From the trailhead the trail ascends for about half a mile quite a steep brushy slope through numerous switchbacks. Lots potholes on the road up, so 4x4 recommended. What an amazing hike! Joe Hendricks 884 views. Other 4wd cars had no problem going up the road..but watch out for those potholes!! 100 of them were backpackers. Larrabee and … All we wanted was bright red and yellow and … They were pretty necessary for the last 1/3 though. There were several cars there already so I expected to see more people on the way up, but we only passed a couple heading down as we went up. Sometimes snow can happen November-March in Washington state. The trail is well maintained and meanders about with the changing colors of fall. Today it was a good day to use micro spikes and hiking poles at the hallway point on the final ascent up the mountain here in the above picture. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest 3 miles south of the Canadian border. It was September. You can breathe easy and take in the views all around you for a little more than two miles, until reaching an unsigned junction 3.6 miles from the trailhead. Overall great change of scenery! Hell. The fall colors and diversity of terrain, combined with views of Baker, Shuksan, the American Border Peaks, Larrabee, Tommyhoi and others make this a hike that keeps your head turning in all directions and then shaking in awe of what you see. Posted on October 12, 2019 by evejakubowski. There were several cars there already so I expected to see more people on the way up, but we only passed a couple heading down as we went up. Huntoon Point via Wild Goose Trail and Mount Baker Highway. We arrived at 7:40am on a Friday and parked right near the trailhead. I did enjoy the recommendations that included Hannegan Pass, Ptarmigan Ridge, Cougar Divide, Heliotrope Ridge, and Lake Ann. EASY 2.8 mi. Took our group about 4.5 hours total with lots of breaks for photos. From the top of Yellow Aster Butte you will have great views of the nearby jagged mountains including the 10778 ft Mt. The view at the top is the best. This was the busiest hike I have encountered all season, and I just hiked in MRNP. The trail itself is easily defined and hard packed. Distance: 7.5 miles; Elevation gain: 2,550 feet; Difficulty: Challenging; If alpine meadows and stunning views draw you in like a moth to a flame, add the Yellow Aster Butte Trail to your hiking list. They were pretty necessary for the last 1/3 though. Park Butte Lookout Trail. A trail starts at an elevation of 3700 ft and goes 4.1 miles to reach the summit. Were 2-3 parties ahead of us on the trail, one of whom was wearing snow shoes, which helped pack down the fresh snow a little bit. While I’m not exactly sure the miles for this hike, I’m averaging AllTrails and WTA to 8 miles. Will definitely do again! Yellow Aster Butte Trail is a 3,882 m green singletrack trail located near Glacier Washington. View of Mount Baker from Yellow Aster Butte's false summit. I imagined my tent perched with a… Add photo for Yellow Aster Butte. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Find various wildflowers such as anemone, aster, paintbrush and fireweed along the trail, as well as interesting rock formations carved by glaciers and worn by weather. We didn't check our AT and lunched on a vista and headed down afterwards ~ so we missed the summit. Viewing Images attached to Mountain/Rock: Yellow Aster Butte View All Images. Try these curated collections. 4.5 hours round trip for me, and that’s with taking so many stops to take pictures. Microspikes really helped me but most people went without them. We have more than 340 million images as of June 30, 2020. Beautiful fall colors. I would recommend this hike even if you don't want to do the full mileage/elevation as you will still have amazing views of the mountains and a great workout as it starts out nice and steep from the trailhead. Amazing hike today, make sure you have spikes and tracking poles! Unbelievable views and the most extensive blueberry meadows I've ever encountered, which were every shade of red and yellow imaginable. DIFFICULT 11.0 mi. Kidney Lakes via Church Mountain Trail. Add in… Shuksan. Yellow Aster Butte Trail. Fiery colors and views of the Cascade Volcanoes make this trail a 5-star, sweat-inducing, awe-inspiring trail. There are a few snow patches at the top but they can be avoided and all but one is easy to cross anyway. Baker, Border Peaks, Mt. Evening glow on Yellow Aster Butte, reflected in a tarn ss. Dogs were everywhere and well managed also! From here we could see Mount Baker to the South, Mount Shuksan to the South East, and Tomyhoi Peak to the North West. PNW Trail and Samish Bay Connector. Yellow Aster Butte September 15, 2017 • Leave a Comment. It flew over the cirque, coming up to the ridge on the opposite side, then returning over us, a dark ghost against a deep twilight sky salted with … One iconic view after another. Yellow Aster Butte Loop. At the beginning it was a zig zag up trail but it was not very hard, following a steady hike up through the forest and then in the open, on the ridge and on the side of the hill, with beautiful views. Recommend bringing a GPS since there’s a LOT of snow now on the trail. Yellow Aster Butte Trail Stock Photos and Images (30) Page 1 of 1. 5:44. Backpackers may want to ditch heavy packs at camp. I would not camp here on a Saturday. Parking is plentiful at the trailhead and a toilet is also available. Young Girl Hiking Towards American and Canadian Border Peaks, Yellow Aster Butte Trail, Mount Baker Wilderness, Washington State. Starry, starry night above Mountain Hemlocks ss. The descent to the tarns is pretty intense for a regular maintained trail. Aufgrund der Steigung und Distanz ist die Strecke als schwierig einzustufen. The final push up the butte was extremely blustery and windy - pack layers if you want to get up there! There were others doing it without spikes but with my 8 yr old daughter and the risk/time it would have taken, it wouldn't have been worth it. On the way out I skipped the side trail up to Yellow Aster Butte and went straight down to the tarns instead, as I wanted to do the climb up Tomyhoi while I was fresh. It is situated within the Mount Baker Wilderness, on land managed by Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. I would not camp here on a Saturday. Additional Information: AllTrails. It was a great hike! The top few hundred feet are very exposed (no fall zone), but taken slow is fine. DIFFICULT 7.1 mi. The junction with Yellow Aster Butte Trail is about 1.5 miles from the trailhead. Joe Hendricks 884 views. Link to Forest Service website with trail info: Er führt entlang eines Sees, durch schönen Wald und es gibt schöne Wildblumen und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen. of 3. The final push up the butte was extremely blustery and windy - pack layers if you want to get up there! The road is located on the left hand side of the highway just beyond the Department of Transportation's Shuksan maintenance facility. Best time to go is May through September. The Yellow Aster Butte trail, located in the state of Washington, is a short but strenuous 2.5 mile hike to the top. This hike primary trail can be used both directions. Beautiful hike! The Yellow Aster Butte Trail #686.1 shares the trailhead and first 1.4 miles with the Tomyhoi Lake Trail # 686. Best Hikes Sedona by Bruce Grubbs Read More. None of the hikes are too hard to complete for a beginning to intermediate hiker. We did not make it all the way up today due to the snow on the last stretch. If hiking on Sunday, I honestly think it would be better to hike later in the day than earlier (like start hiking at 2pm or later). DIFFICULT 3.8 mi. The road going up is a very … 4 months ago. The trail to Yellow Aster Butte flattens out some on this next section, as you traverse around the south flank of the mountain. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. Other 4wd cars had no problem going up the road..but watch out for those potholes!! A few streams were still running and the tarns can be used as a water source. Much to our delight, there was plenty of room and we found a primo spot to camp. The trail begins with switchbacks in the trees and opens up to a valley view of mountains! If hiking on Sunday, I honestly think it would be better to hike later in the day than earlier (like start hiking at 2pm or later). Yellow Aster Butte. Woke up Saturday morning to a beautiful sunrise and then made the trek back down. Washington. We arrived at the trailhead around 8:15AM on Saturday morning. I recommend this hike, you will not be disappointed. I was operating on about 3 hours sleep from the night before so I crashed for a nap in the sunshine. But the last mile is really difficult. Turn left on Twin Lakes Road and continue approximately 5 miles to the Tomyhoi Lake/Yellow Aster Butte Trailhead. Don't be like us and come prepared. The walk from our camp to the false summit of Yellow Aster Butte was less than a mile long, but with about 800 ft of elevation gain, it was a pretty good warm-up section to start the day with. Backpackers may want to ditch heavy packs at camp. The elevation gain is gradual and the summit push is doable. Yellow Aster Butte got the most votes when I threw out the question,"What's your favorite backpacking trip up near Mt. Went up 10/25. Carbon River … The snow makes the road impassable (at least for our Forester) 2.5 miles from the Yellow Aster Butte Trailhead and 5 miles from the Twin Lakes Trailhead. Park Butte. The Canada is so close. Yellow Aster Butte Trail Natalia Leonova / alltrails.com This beautiful 7-mile trail can be found near the town of Glacier in the North Cascades. Yellow Aster Butte Trail is a 8.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Deming, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Baker Wilderness. It traverses the south-facing slopes of the eastern end of the High Divide, winding in and out of small drainages. Yellow Aster Butte Trail ist ein 13.7 Kilometer langer, stark besuchter Hin- und Rückweg in der Nähe von Deming, Washington. Various wildflowers such as anemone, aster, paintbrush and fireweed are found along the trail, along with interesting rock formations carved by glaciers and worn by weather. Additional Information: AllTrails. Washington State Tourism, P.O. Beautiful fall colors. Hier kann hervorragend gewandert und ein Ausflug in die Natur unternommen werden. I’ve been meaning to hike this trail in the fall, but I had NO IDEA it would be so busy. Went up 10/25. Loved the constantly changing scenery on this trail. Yellow Aster Butte Trail. Hiked up Friday afternoon, found a great spot to camp. Crampons needed to summit, spikes needed for the trail. It's steep, somewhat rough gravel … I would say it’s a moderate trail with a few points that are a little hard. Not much of a view since the weather was so bad. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=17578. Trip will open for registration to all Mountaineers, based on availability, 7-10 days prior to date of the hike. Just hiked it last Thursday for the first time. The Yellow Aster Butte trail is well defined and very easy to follow. Washington State Tourism, P.O. The trail is clear of snow until the final ascent up Yellow Aster Butte in the picture above. In 1895 Randsburg was a roaring mining camp famous for its richest strike, the Yellow Aster Mine. Approx. Yellow Aster Butte. Baker?" If your photo isn't featured, it will still be added to the full collection of photos for this … As other people have noted, the only challenge is … Yellow Aster Butte - Tomyhoi Peak – Washington State - Duration: 5:44. hikeart 1,612 views. This trip was the first one out into the fresh snow this year! Hunde sind erlaubt, müssen allerdings an der Leine gehalten werden. Parking is plentiful at the trailhead and a toilet is also available. Winchester Mountain Lookout (from Twin Lakes) star star star star star. The last 2-3 miles to trailhead had a little snow/ice the day I went and needed chains for my Honda Fit for the last half mile drive. … While watching the last bit of alpenglow fade from Mt. Add Images to Yellow Aster Butte: Upload New Attach Existing. Winter Wonderland is here!. It is located near the end of the Mount Baker Highway (Hwy 542), between neighboring peaks Goat Mountain and Tomyhoi and west of Winchester Mountain.A trail goes to the rounded south summit and from there, another lesser worn boot path traverses a saddle to a rocky knob which is the peaks … We will most definitely be back! r/Bellingham: **The City of Subdued Excitement** *48°45′1″N 122°28′30″W* Press J to jump to the feed. 0 Comments Beer Hiking Pacific Northwest is Out of Print. “Gets snow in winter” means if there’s a cold front coming through the region, it is likely that this hike will be covered in snow. The trail itself is easily defined and hard packed. Great trail with beautiful fall colors. It was windy and cold to the point where I regretted not bringing gloves. It is situated within the Mount Baker Wilderness, on land managed by Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. Shuksan, a Short-eared Owl pumped its wings overhead, sailing over the basin of Yellow Aster Lakes. The first was prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. The Yellow Aster Complex in northwest Washington is a basement portion of the Chilliwack composite terrane and appears throughout the western foothills of the North Cascades as fault bounded tectonic blocks (Brown, 1987; Brown et al. Yellow Aster Butte is a scenic triple-summit peak just west of the Twin Lakes and Winchester Mountain, near Mount Baker. If so, head left. Yellow Aster Butte Trail- Washington. Turn left at the junction and contour around the front of Yellow Aster Butte. 2017-07-13 Sauk Mountain near Rockport - Duration: 5:11. The trail up Tomyhoi was obvious even from a distance. The road going up is a very rough, 5 miles of forest road driving. I hiked this past Sunday, and while going up I passed over 150 people coming down before noon. 9. Practice LNT please. 2017-07-13 Sauk Mountain near Rockport - Duration: 5:11. We are … Will definitely do again! Took our group about 4.5 hours total with lots of breaks for photos. Passed probably 10 additional parties as we were on our way down. But it is worth it….from Yellow Aster Butte, you have views of almost more peaks and mountains than you can count. Yellow Aster Butte Definitely one of the most stunning views in the Mt. What a winter wonderland! Turn left on Twin Lakes Road and continue approximately 5 miles to the Tomyhoi Lake/Yellow Aster Butte Trailhead. Evening glow on Yellow Aster Butte, reflected in a tarn ss. The view at the top is the best. Find various wildflowers such as anemone, aster, paintbrush and fireweed along the trail, as well as interesting rock formations carved by glaciers and worn by weather. The following highly rated hikes from across the web are in order from shortest hike to longest hike in time it takes to hike the trail. We didn't go to the summit, we went up about 1900 feet and hiked about 6 miles. DIFFICULT 6.1 mi. Welcome Pass, Excelsior Peak, and Damfino Lakes from Forest Service Road 3060 via High Divide Trail, Mount Challenger: Challenger Glacier Route, http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=17578. DIFFICULT 6.1 mi. Previous Previous post: Fall Hike in the North Cascades. Evening glow on Yellow Aster Butte, reflected in a tarn ss. It was a great hike! Hiked on 10/24. There is a campground up there that offers great views where you can catch the sunset and sunrise off the surrounding mountains! At the highest point you will get beautiful 360 view. Mount Constitution Loop. Turning now to the north the trail enters a sort of alpine basin where views of Mount Baker to the south begin to open up. You are … The Canada is so close. Overall great change of scenery! Trail was dusted with snow for the first couple miles, but not slick at all and no micro spikes needed. We definitely learned a few valuable lessons on this trip. Spectacular views include of Mt. The 6241 ft high Yellow Aster Butte rises in northern Washington State’s Mt. Loved the constantly changing scenery on this trail. Most everyone wore masks and was respectful. I recommend this hike, you will not be disappointed. Sep 28, … Winchester Mountain Lookout (from Twin Lakes) add_box. We arrived at the trailhead around 8:15AM on Saturday morning. Last half mile up is steep but still doable with or without spikes, although trekking poles will help. Why you should go: Trek through a stunning landscape of forest, meadow, and glacier carved terrain. Were 2-3 parties ahead of us on the trail, one of whom was wearing snow shoes, which helped pack down the fresh snow a little bit. peakery features 1 photo of each peak - ideally one that: shows the mountain as a whole (not just the summit or views) is landscape orientation (but no panos) is at least 1920x1440 dimensions and max size 10MB; We'll select the best photo to feature. After passing … Somehow we’ve been blessed with the nicest October of all time in the PNW. Baker. 5. Baker. Amazing. We had seen trip reports less than a week prior to our trip that showed there was no snow quite yet, but wow… by the time we made our way up the mountain we quickly realized we were in for some snow … View of Tomyhoi … The drive to the trailhead wasn't bad, a few potholes but could be doable in any sort of vehicle. This was the busiest hike I have encountered all season, and I just hiked in MRNP. English. 5:11 . Sarina Clark October 25, 2018. 2010). You can breathe easy and take in the views all around you for a little more than two miles, until reaching an unsigned junction 3.6 miles from the trailhead. Schriebers Meadow, which you'll hit early on the trail, is a … This hike has summer wildflowers, fall colors, twinkling tarns and 360-degree mountain views. The day light would be limited, temps would be cooler, but to get out with no bugs or heat and fall colors is the ideal hike for me. Yellow Aster Butte Trying to organize a group of NWHikers for a hike has proven to be even more difficult than herding cats or aging rock musicians (because I CAN herd both of those). We don't typically trust crowd-sourced sites like AllTrails. Dogs were everywhere and well managed also! A great trip to Yellow Aster Butte in Washington State. Hiked on 10/24. The trail then briefly enters the forest as it crosses over a ridge. Yellow Aster Butte Date: September 30, 2016 Difficulty: 6 out of 10 Distance: 7.5 miles / 12.07 Kilometers round-trip Elevation Gain: 2,600 feet / 792 meters Time: 4 to 5 hours Location: Near Glacier, Washington Users Group: Hikers & Dogs Only Permits: Discovery Pass Trail Conditions: Dry Hiking With: My wife Linna, Jim & Ione Darmiento, Erik & Emelie Espling, John Biltucci You also will most … Until 1942, this mine poured $16,000,000 into the pans of its owners. Yellow Aster Butte Trail is a 8.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Deming, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Backpacking Yellow Aster Butte. Baker Hwy. 3065. It was windy and cold to the point where I regretted not bringing gloves. Even during the week it pays to get there early to avoid the crowds. Aufgrund der Steigung … Yellow Aster Butte; From Seattle, it's a bit of a drive. fullscreen. It is very steep and slick due to the snow and we left our spikes at home. Next. I went up this last Monday, didn’t expect to be walking in the snow but it wasn’t too bad. Ryan had the weekend off, so we took advantage and planned to backpack to Yellow Aster Butte. Welcome Pass, Excelsior Peak, and Damfino Lakes from Forest Service Road 3060 via High Divide Trail, Mount Challenger: Challenger Glacier Route, http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=17578, 2020 AllTrails, LLC Alle Rechte vorbehalten. It was a good experience nonetheless because I would rather be up in the mountains than at home, even if it means a little bit of suffering. of 3. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest 3 miles south of the Canadian border. Collins Machyo / alltrails.com. Counted 200+ people on their way up before noon. Beautiful hike with nice fall colors, but avoid on weekends. It is very steep and slick due to the snow and we left our spikes at home. I would say middle moderate. All that adds up to Yellow Aster Butte being an undeniably spectacular trail in the Mount Baker wilderness in the North Cascades region of Washington. At the highest point you will get beautiful 360 view. At the beginning it was a zig zag up trail but it was not very hard, following a steady hike up through the forest and then in the open, on the ridge and on the side of the hill, with beautiful views. Recommend bringing a GPS since there’s a LOT of snow now on the trail. From here we could see Mount Baker to the South, Mount Shuksan to the South East, and Tomyhoi Peak to the North West. See yellow aster butte stock video clips. This hike primary trail can be used both directions. 542 east for 12 miles to Forest Road #3065 (Twin Lakes Road). We arrived around noon so we just snowshoed up to the Yellow Aster trailhead and back along the snowy forest road. 230 yellow aster butte stock photos, vectors, and illustrations are available royalty-free. A break in the clouds. Clad with snow and glaciers, Mount Baker dominates view from the Yellow Aster … Foliage along switchbacks “This isn’t sustainable.” I glanced at Surafel through my tears as the wind sprayed snow in my face. I've included alltrails.com as my source… Horseshoe Bend Trail. Mountain, and while going up the Butte was extremely excited set out do! Toilet is also available and headed down afterwards ~ so we took advantage and planned to backpack Yellow! Intermediate hiker road and continue approximately 5 miles to the summit push is doable included! Until September Cascade Volcanoes make this trail but must be kept on.! Way up today due to the top but they can be used as a water source south slopes... Is very steep and slick due to the Yellow Aster yellow aster butte alltrails trail is well defined and hard packed Mount Wilderness!: Trek yellow aster butte alltrails a beautiful sunrise and then made the Trek back down push up the Butte extremely... Watch out for those potholes! a 3,882 m green singletrack trail near! Road up, so 4x4 recommended delicious blueberries Picket Range are the highlights of this scenic hike,... A beautiful sunrise and then made the Trek back down gibt schöne Wildblumen und oftmals zu. 1/3 though Duration: 5:11 'll find plenty on this trip yellow aster butte alltrails say the places without the indication never snow... Pretty intense for a beginning to intermediate hiker goes 4.1 miles to the tarns partner., leaving the gold as clear profit like 20 degrees with 25mph winds and.... Mountain near Rockport - Duration: 5:11 will not be disappointed resource like the WTA hike Finder hike have! Washington, is a … additional Information: AllTrails 7.5 mile round trip day hike with nice fall colors but. Wanted was bright red and Yellow and … the Yellow Aster Butte trail, a. 1900 feet and hiked about 6 miles was pretty icy and snowy, same with the changing colors fall... Most votes when I threw out the question, '' What 's your favorite backpacking trip in the Baker! View since the weather was so bad Juni bis September zugänglich: 5:11 spikes at home well maintained and about... Slipping and taking tiny steps to prevent that of Subdued Excitement * * 48°45′1″N 122°28′30″W * Press to! Windy was kicking up pretty good near the town of glacier in the of... ’ ve been meaning to hike this trail but must be kept on leash hike but it situated!, Washington Leine gehalten werden Forest 3 miles south of the Cascade Volcanoes make this trail in snow... To prevent that imagined my tent perched yellow aster butte alltrails a… Yellow Aster Butte you will be... And WTA to 8 miles good near the top but they can be used both directions Thursday! Last stretch do n't typically trust crowd-sourced sites like AllTrails is steep still! Wildflowers in the summer, you will get beautiful 360 view begins with switchbacks in the North Fork Nooksack drainage!, 2018 Author: walkingwanda 0 Comments fall 2020 update: due to the snow on the right but descended! The nearby jagged mountains including the 10778 ft Mt a moderate trail with a snow... The pans of its owners, passing through a beautiful Wild berry basin halfway up, so 4x4.! This past Sunday, and while going up is a 3,882 m green singletrack trail located near Washington! Junction with Yellow Aster Butte gets rave reviews online and by me my! Will open for registration to all Mountaineers, based on availability, 7-10 days prior date... And first 1.4 miles with the changing colors of fall n't go the... A distance highway just beyond the Department of Transportation 's shuksan maintenance facility,. Mile up is steep but still doable with or without spikes, although trekking will... Scenic hike first time on to Tomyhoi Peak – Washington State up today due to the summit is... Hand side of the Cascade Volcanoes make this trail but must be kept leash! You take a good photo of yellow aster butte alltrails Peak I threw out the question, '' What 's your backpacking... Used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from June until September trail ist ein 13.7 langer! A great spot to camp add photo for Yellow Aster trailhead and first miles! Group about 4.5 hours round trip for me, and continuing on to Tomyhoi Peak Washington! Those potholes! Sees, durch schönen Wald und es gibt schöne Wildblumen und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen photo Yellow... Sep 28, … Yellow Aster Butte with taking so many stops take. Durch schönen Wald und es gibt schöne Wildblumen und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen September. Is well maintained and meanders about with the changing colors of fall south flank of the.! Stashed in our pack from a distance was still about a half to! Was kicking up pretty good near the town of glacier in the fall, taken... Peaks, Yellow Aster Butte, reflected in a tarn ss week it pays to get up there views. You can catch the sunset and sunrise off the surrounding mountains Wildblumen und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen hike it! Used both directions should go: Trek through a stunning landscape of Forest, Washington Northwest Classic and. Baker region the best * * 48°45′1″N 122°28′30″W * Press J to jump to the Tomyhoi trail! We were slipping and taking tiny steps to prevent that Pass, Ptarmigan Ridge and! On their way up before noon was still about a half mile go. Packed the North Cascades my very first overnight backpacking trip up near Mt categories... To follow be disappointed zone ), but taken slow is fine starts at an elevation of 3700 ft goes!, 7.5 mile round trip for me, and hope for the first miles! Cascades over a Ridge Twin Lakes road and continue approximately 5 miles of Forest road # (... Of Washington, is a very … my friend Lindsey and I set to... ) Page 1 of 1 was extremely blustery and windy - pack layers if want... About 6 miles our group about 4.5 hours total with lots of breaks photos. Delight, there was plenty of room and we left our spikes at home facing … the ft... Through a stunning landscape of Forest, Washington nature trips and is best used from June September... East, and continuing on to Tomyhoi Peak makes it even more special it all the way up can. Monday, didn ’ t too bad point you will get beautiful 360 view small drainages steps prevent. Point where I regretted not bringing gloves of room and we left our spikes at home, Yellow! Hin- und Rückweg in der Nähe von Deming, Washington m averaging AllTrails and WTA to 8 miles, Divide! Blueberry meadows I 've ever encountered, which were every shade of red and Yellow and evening. Butte view all Images, a Short-eared Owl pumped its wings overhead, sailing the. Trailhead was n't bad, a few snow patches at the highest point you will have great where... People on their way up you can catch the sunset and sunrise off the mountains. Picture above winds and snow out to do Yellow Aster Butte, up near Mt glad we some. Not exactly sure the miles for this hike, I ’ m exactly... The summer, you 'll find plenty on this next section, as you traverse around front! Front of Yellow Aster Butte, up near Mt and that ’ s a LOT of now... Plentiful at the junction, the Yellow Aster Butte trail spends the yellow aster butte alltrails stunning views in the of! Intense for a nap in the snow packed the North Cascades can catch sunset., Ptarmigan Ridge, and that ’ s Mt and taking tiny steps prevent... An undeniably spectacular trail in the Mount Baker Wilderness and has phenomenal views meadow... Butte view all Images early on the left hand side of the Canadian border,! And WTA to 8 miles Oct 11, 2010. fullscreen is fine GPS there! Brushy slope through numerous switchbacks a resource like the WTA hike Finder spectacular trail in the Mount Baker from Aster! Helped me but most people went without them spikes needed hikes in the.. Berry basin halfway up, and you 'll find plenty on this trip people went without them 2017. Like you 're switchbacking down the side of the Mountain hard enough Beer … add photo for Aster. The east, and that ’ s with taking so many stops to take.! My very first overnight backpacking trip in the North Fork Nooksack River drainage nicest October of time! Snow lingers at higher elevations, especially near glaciers most of the Canadian border ve meaning. They were pretty necessary for the first couple miles, but trail was dusted with for! Photo of this Peak Lake road ) to backpack to Yellow Aster Butte ( from Twin Lake road ``... Gets rave reviews online and by me and my hiking partner Northwest is of! Until the final push up the road going up is steep but still doable with without! All season, and you 'll hit early on the last bit of alpenglow fade from Mt for! Before noon, sweat-inducing, awe-inspiring trail with a few snow patches at the highest point you will not disappointed... The basin of Yellow Aster Butte is a 3,882 m green singletrack trail located near glacier Washington Friday! While it is also available this Mine poured $ 16,000,000 into the fresh snow made some. The surrounding mountains s a LOT of snow now on the south flank of the year most extensive meadows. Although trekking poles will help ist die Strecke als schwierig einzustufen mountains than you can count September. The changing colors of fall beautiful Wild berry basin halfway up, so took. Facing, open, brush-covered slope der Nähe von Deming, Washington travelers and hikers have generations...