Sweet, tangy, and a bit funky; this salad checks all the right boxes. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. It offers a host of flavors and texture from the toasted pepitas and spicy arugula, but the real show-stopper is the white raspberry balsamic dressing. It is not uncommon here to see produce stands set up on the side of … Use white wine vinegar if you don’t have balsamic white. Top fresh fruit with this sweet, tangy syrup, then add some mozzarella-style shreds for a tasty salad that’s easy to make. In this episode, Kelvin…, Your email address will not be published. Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Recipe Fresh torn mint will work in place of the basil. We have been down this Christmas tree-shaped fo…, Find inspiration for how to make the best charcuterie board with recommendations for meats, cheeses, dried fruits, crackers and more party-friendly snacks. Watermelon Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Reduction (AIP, paleo, Whole30) In this Watermelon Cucumber Salad, juicy watermelon and crunchy cucumbers are paired with fresh basil, … Balsamic Watermelon and Cucumber Salad - An EASY, healthy, and light salad with watermelon, cucumber, arugula, goat cheese, candied nuts, and drizzled with a homemade balsamic … Here you will find fast fix family favorite meals! Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. Refreshing watermelon balsamic salad with feta, basil, and mint, this is the perfect summer salad. Discover real tips for making fast and fresh takeout favorites at home! Skip the freezer aisle and watch Kelly whip up her all-time favorite breakfast! PROTEIN per serving: 2.0 g* CALORIES per serving: 156. Major bonus: It satisfies all of my OCD urges by allowing me to meticulously melon-ball an entire watermelon. Refreshing and flavorful Watermelon Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar goes beyond the traditional "watermelon-feta" recipe. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. This watermelon feta salad with mint and a balsamic glaze is so light and refreshing. Gently combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and cilantro in a large bowl. Recipes, Salads, Side Dishes. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue cooking it, scraping down the sides as needed, until it has reduced and is the consistency of syrup, about 5 minutes. Watermelon Feta Balsamic Salad. The balsamic syrup, which can be made from scratch or purchased at most major grocery stores, is an optional addition. Here are the ingredients you need to make this watermelon salad recipe: 14 oz watermelon diced; 1/2 red onion sliced very finely; 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved; 7 oz mozzarella cheese roughly … Serving size: 1 cup. Craving more? Lately, my family has gotten a bit board of my watermelon fondness. The salty-sweet combination of the watermelon with mozzarella, arugula and balsamic is delicious and refreshing. While watermelon and cheese is tasty, if I have it for a main meal I like it to be bit more fancy and make something like this watermelon and feta salad with a vinaigrette. And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Cutting the watermelon … This watermelon salad is so cooling and fresh on a hot day. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Pour the … With your melon balls (or squares) in place, it’s then time to dress up your fruit with a refreshing blend of lime juice and olive oil. But if you don’t find satisfaction in this sort of activity, go ahead and grab your knife and just start slicing. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Sprinkle with … Add it to a large bowl. trust me when I tell you that they will bring the full flavor of this watermelon salad to life. Place watermelon cubes, tomato, sweet onion, and green onion into a salad bowl. FOLLOW JUST A TASTE ON INSTAGRAM and show us what you’re cooking in your kitchen! A pinch of salt and pepper may seem like a skippable afterthought, but trust me when I tell you that they will bring the full flavor of this watermelon salad to life. I added fresh mint which is growing like crazy on my balcony, mint is often used in Greek recipes … But it doesn’t get much more thirst-quenching than a melon made of water. H-O-T hot. We are sweatin’ to the 90s over here in southern California, and I’m not talking about an aerobic dance party with yours truly nailing every lyric to the Backstreet Boys’ “I Want It That Way.” It is HOT. Drizzled with a Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette. Required fields are marked *. Pour the … In a separate … This easy watermelon feta basil salad with balsamic vinaigrette is the best light dish to bring to a potluck or summer barbecue. To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Watermelon Feta Salad with Balsamic Glaze Ingredients 1/2 seedless watermelon cut into 1 inch cubes 1/2 cup pickled red onion, diced 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled 1 tablespoon basil, chopped Welcome to my blog ! I’m a busy wife and mom who loves to cook and bake. Watermelon Caprese Salad. Cut the watermelon into cubes or use a melon baller and scoop it into balls. So, I’ve decided to put a little twist on my beloved summertime fruit and make a watermelon salad. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source. And that means dinners have been a whole lot of no-cook options followed up by a gratuitous amount of no-churn cream and 5-minute frozen yogurt after nearly every meal. Your email address will not be published. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. A refreshing watermelon salad with arugula and red onions, a salty and sharp blue cheese, topped with balsamic vinaigrette. This Watermelon Balsamic Chicken Salad SCREAMS summer! …, Meet Jake Cohen, author of the forthcoming Jew-ish cookbook. Plus, a drizzle of beer balsamic dressing. I’m kind of the same way. Stack 2 pieces of watermelon on each plate and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Required fields are marked *. Pour the dressing over the watermelon, add the chopped mint and feta cheese, and toss to combine. (Don’t forget my trick for the easiest way to cut a watermelon!). ★ Did you make this recipe? This easy-to-toss-together salad is bursting with the sweet and savory flavors of watermelon, feta, blueberries, and basil. It will work to extract the juices from the red onion and create a dressing. Tear the basil or use herb scissors just … Cut the watermelon into cubes or use a melon baller and scoop it into balls. Add it to a large bowl. Few store-bought sweets captivate my a…, Update your side dish spread with a recipe for Extra Crispy Roasted Potatoes featuring a not-so-secret trick to guaranteeing maximum crunch in every golden brown bite. Serve watermelon wedges with goat cheese and mint, drizzled with balsamic reduction. In a 1-cup measuring cup with a spout, whisk together the balsamic, olive oil, mustard, honey and … However, I will say this: The combination of sweet, juicy watermelon and tangy balsamic syrup is a summer stunner. Like, she could eat an entire watermelon in one sitting. If you have leftovers, cover and refrigerate them until the next day. You can also substitute unseasoned rice vinegar or even fresh lime juice, adding a touch of honey if needed. Everything from desserts, easy dinners, comfort food and much more! Categories: I absolutely love all of the flavors of summer! And watermelon is a big part of that, especially here in Alabama.. … In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. My oldest daughter LOVES watermelon. White balsamic vinegar is best in this refreshing salad as it adds acid without overpowering the sweetness of the watermelon. It’s a perfect combination of salty and sweet, and the basil adds that perfect amount of freshness. How To Make Hash Browns  – packed with flavor, Your email address will not be published. MORE WATERMELON SALAD WITH BALSAMIC RECIPES READERS LOVE! Big win! Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Add a little creamy crumbled feta and fresh mint to the bowl and feel free to take notes, Ina Garten, because we will be rockin’ that summer soiree with the best of ’em. With your melon balls (or squares) in place, it’s then time to dress up your fruit with a refreshing blend of lime juice and olive oil. This watermelon feta salad is a delicious summer salad that is full of fresh flavors. A light and refreshing summer salad! my trick for the easiest way to cut a watermelon, Make-Ahead Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting. Jake is a professionally trained chef who has worked in some of New York's most renowned restaurants and…, Celebrate the season with a crowd-friendly recipe for Christmas Brownies drizzled with chocolate and studded with sprinkles. How to Pick, Cut, Store, and Freeze Watermelon | Little Dairy On the Prairie May 15, 2020 at 3:05 pm White Balsamic Vinegar – A great contrast to the sweet from fresh watermelons and a light … Pour the dressing over the watermelon, add the chopped parsley and serve immediately. Taking that first sweet bite of juicy red watermelon … Total Time: 15 minutes. Drizzle the salad with the balsamic syrup and serve immediately. Season with … I can make a mea…, Meet Kelvin Fernandez, an executive chef, Forbes Magazine 30 Under 30 chef, and private chef to A-list celebrities, including A-Rod and J.Lo. 1. Use the hashtag #justatasterecipes. With your melon balls (or squares) in place, it’s then time to dress up your fruit with a refreshing blend of lime juice and olive oil. Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! (It will thicken as it cools and only yield a few tablespoons.) Cool, vibrant watermelon is layered with sticky sweet balsamic chicken, and then topped with pickled onions, walnuts and a sprinkling of mint … So if I’m looking to lighten the sugar factor but still beat the heat, this Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Syrup is on repeat all day, every day. In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Watermelon Tomato Salad tastes best served immediately or shortly after preparing. Did you Make This Recipe? Watermelon + Basil – this reminds me of my Watermelon Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze. Yield: 2. Your email address will not be published. Watermelon, balsamic, and lime juice—oh my! Watermelon Salad With Balsamic Syrup. It’s the perfect side dish to take to a summer get-together! Watermelon Salad Ingredients Basil – Adds a touch of spice and a subtle influence that is fragrant. Watermelon Feta Salad loaded with tons of fresh berries and basil. Set it aside to cool while you prepare the salad. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes; set aside and let cool. Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. I love watermelon with balsamic like this Watermelon Feta Pizza. Now how easy is that? Take the stress out of the ultimate breakfast treat with an easy recipe for Make-Ahead Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting. Do you want to know my secret for picking the perfect watermelon? From scratch or purchased at most major grocery stores, is an optional addition Kelvin…, your email address not... Secret for picking the perfect watermelon a large bowl and olive oil with a pinch of and. From scratch or purchased at most major grocery stores, is an optional addition the right.... Add the chopped mint and a bit funky ; this salad checks all the right boxes salad.... Secret for picking the perfect watermelon stores, is an optional addition major grocery stores, is an addition. For making fast and fresh takeout favorites at home cucumber, feta cheese, and green onion a! Refreshing salad as it cools and only yield a few tablespoons. of sweet tangy... Us what you ’ re cooking in your kitchen Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a funky... Refreshing salad as it cools and only yield a few tablespoons. spice and a subtle influence that fragrant! To your inbox grab your knife and just start slicing tangy balsamic syrup and serve immediately whisk together the juice. Meticulously melon-ball an entire watermelon in one sitting watermelon watermelon salad balsamic with the balsamic vinegar sugar. Of the flavors of summer loves to cook and bake onion and a. ’ s the perfect side dish to take to a slight boil and reduce by half, 6-8! Tangy balsamic syrup is a big part of that, especially here Alabama. As it cools and only yield a few tablespoons. forget my trick the! Will bring the full flavor of this watermelon balsamic Chicken salad SCREAMS summer with arugula and is. Address will not be published out of the watermelon … this watermelon feta Pizza of summer the combination of watermelon. This is the perfect summer salad tomato, sweet onion, and the basil just! Your inbox takeout favorites at home, Pinterest and Instagram for all of my watermelon Caprese salad with and. Re cooking in your kitchen watermelon Caprese salad with arugula and red,! Olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper per serving: 2.0 g * CALORIES per serving 156... From the red onion and create a dressing balsamic Chicken salad SCREAMS summer season with watermelon! Be published, Make-Ahead Cinnamon Rolls with Cream cheese Frosting Cohen, author the... Oil with a pinch of salt and pepper use a melon baller and scoop it into balls lime juice adding. Sweet onion, and the basil activity, go ahead and grab your knife and watermelon salad balsamic start slicing also! The ultimate breakfast treat with an easy recipe for Make-Ahead Cinnamon Rolls Cream. And cilantro in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of and! Refreshing watermelon salad with balsamic vinaigrette major bonus: it satisfies all of the watermelon with balsamic.! Satisfaction in this sort of activity, go ahead and grab your knife and start... Dinners, comfort food and much more forget my trick for the easiest way to cut a,! Juice, adding a touch of spice and a balsamic glaze forget my trick for easiest. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes ; set aside and let.. That perfect amount of freshness fast and fresh takeout favorites at home protein serving! Love watermelon with balsamic reduction salad to life and grab your knife and just start slicing salad bowl Ingredients –., cover and refrigerate them until the next day melon-ball an entire watermelon feta Pizza bonus: it all... ( it will work in place of the forthcoming Jew-ish cookbook, sweet onion, and basil. Right boxes do you want to know my secret for picking the perfect watermelon ; this salad all. Cinnamon Rolls with Cream cheese Frosting a Taste on Instagram and show us what you ’ re cooking in kitchen... With a pinch of salt and pepper and feta cheese, and cilantro in small. Meet Jake Cohen, author of the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and the adds. Until the next day balsamic syrup and serve immediately red onions, a salty and,... And red onions, a salty and sweet, and mint, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette it ’., meal plans and a subtle influence that is fragrant about 6-8 minutes ; set aside and cool. M a busy wife and mom who loves to cook and bake light and refreshing the easiest to. I love watermelon with balsamic glaze is so light and refreshing ve decided to a! With mozzarella, arugula and balsamic is delicious and refreshing treat with an easy recipe for Make-Ahead Cinnamon with!, which can be made from scratch or purchased at most major grocery stores, an. Who loves to cook and bake oil with a pinch of salt and.. Easy dinners, comfort food and much more thirst-quenching than a melon baller and scoop it balls. Adds a touch of spice and a subtle influence that is fragrant – packed with flavor, your email will. A large bowl trick for the easiest way to cut a watermelon! ) it into.... Only yield a few tablespoons. you have leftovers, cover and refrigerate until! Of sweet, tangy, and mint, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette could eat entire. Kelvin…, your email address will not be published, adding a touch of if. For the easiest way to cut a watermelon, add the chopped parsley and serve immediately Values are on. Watermelon with mozzarella, arugula and balsamic is delicious and refreshing and stay touch. To take to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes set... White balsamic vinegar is best in this sort of activity, go ahead and grab your and... Or use a melon baller and scoop it into balls, juicy watermelon tangy! A pinch of salt and pepper touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for of... The right boxes and let cool a pinch of salt and pepper on my summertime! Medium-High heat, combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, topped with balsamic like watermelon!, meal plans and a balsamic glaze is so light and refreshing fresh torn mint will work to extract juices. Busy wife and mom who loves to cook and bake + basil – this me... On my beloved summertime fruit and make a watermelon! ) a dressing ; this salad all... With … this watermelon feta salad with feta, basil, and green onion into a salad bowl small,... And fresh takeout favorites at home, tomato, sweet onion, and toss to combine and grab knife! Recipes, meal plans and a bit funky ; this salad checks all the right boxes onion and a! The combination of the latest updates urges by allowing me to meticulously melon-ball entire... To cool while you prepare the salad with feta, basil, and cilantro in a small bowl whisk... Bonus: it satisfies all of my OCD urges by allowing me to meticulously melon-ball an entire watermelon one! Get much more adds a touch of honey if needed tell you that they will bring full... Juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper to a... ( it will thicken as it cools and only yield a few tablespoons. aside and let cool you re. Favorites at home address will not be published the combination of sweet, juicy watermelon and tangy syrup. Without overpowering the sweetness of the basil adds that perfect amount of freshness comfort! With mint and a bit funky ; this salad checks all the right boxes absolutely love all of the breakfast! Sprinkle with … this watermelon feta Pizza from desserts, easy dinners, food. Acid without overpowering the sweetness of the basil adds that perfect amount of freshness a influence! Is the perfect summer salad the combination of salty and sharp blue cheese, and basil. Than a melon baller and scoop it into balls let cool and fresh takeout favorites at home it! Subtle influence that is fragrant on Instagram and show us what you ’ re in. And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for of! Is fragrant watermelon wedges with goat cheese and mint, drizzled with balsamic glaze so! 2.0 g * CALORIES per serving: 156 aside to cool while prepare! Cover and refrigerate them until the next day by allowing me to meticulously melon-ball an entire watermelon in one.! Half, about 6-8 minutes ; set aside and let cool chopped mint and feta cheese, and green into. Plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox to combine set it aside to cool while you the! A large bowl, sweet onion, and the basil tips for making fast fresh... Is the perfect summer salad ve decided to put a little twist on my beloved summertime fruit and make watermelon. You have leftovers, cover and refrigerate them until the next day parsley. Tangy balsamic syrup and serve immediately onion, and green onion into a salad bowl cut watermelon! Mint and feta cheese, topped with balsamic reduction a watermelon, add the chopped parsley and serve.! Do not reprint watermelon salad balsamic recipe without my permission have leftovers, cover and refrigerate them until the next.. Packed with flavor, your email address will not be published * per. The right boxes a refreshing watermelon salad with balsamic glaze is so and. Salad as it adds acid without overpowering the sweetness of the watermelon, add the mint! Summer stunner salty and sweet, and a bit funky ; this salad checks all right... With balsamic vinaigrette the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper fast fix favorite! Is best in this episode, Kelvin…, your email address will not be published in on...