Water softener performance Re-postingChain said:I [saw] a video ... about how to fix the motor and the pump by a guy named Dee G. It’s a little rough video but it explained to be the exact same problem I have a pin is broken that goes from the shaft to the gears and the pump won’t move up and down I have gotten my motor off and gotten the broken pieces of pin out, I have not replaced them yet and I’m getting ready to remove the white cap That goes to the pump my pump does not go up and down like he explained in his video and he showed how to clean that up and get it working again. Water softener control valve clogged by debris. Softenerparts.com The flooding can be extensive; a water softener that is continually filling a building drain, especially one located on an upper floor, could easily back up. Apell, Jennifer N., and Treavor H. Boyer. Most water softeners usually come with a mineral tank and one to two brine tanks, depending on the model and manufacturer.The mineral tank is said to contain resin beads while the latter contains salt. It's S/N is 56792220, and it was installed sometime in the mid 1990's. Examples of issues are: Low water pressure; Leaking softener; Softener is stuck running Now take a closer look at where the leak was occurring: if it's in the softener's drain system or control head, you may be able to restore water to the building by putting the softener into BYPASS mode while you wait for your repair technician. Water Softener Stuck In Regeneration. When the system is stuck in its regeneration mode, it can cause a lot of problems. Brine Draw: Water Softener regen cycle - brine is pumped slowly out of the brine tank, through the water conditioner tank including a "slow rinse" when the brine is exhausted, 3. I'd talk to the manufacturer; "pre-programmed" could be wrong settings if not specifically for the hardness of your water supply, On 2019-11-22 by Aaron Timered water softeners regenerate at a predetermined schedule, ... your softener may be stuck in regeneration or continue to cycle repeatedly. Each of these phases performs a specific task for softening the water. It was not in a regeneration cycle? The only button that functions is the recharge now/tonight which doesn't really help me. If the water softener actually seems to "run" or to be "stuck" in regeneration mode, running continuously, then its operating control needs to be repaired or replaced. by Terry Scharnhorst. Replace the timer, switch, or if necessary replace the entire water sofener control head. Or maybe not. Perhaps that's what happened in your case. The lowest regen flow rate I've seen is about 0.18 and the highest 0.8 gpm, putting the upper end of water consumption by this approach at 0.8 x 120 or 96 gallons of water used over two hours. ", [2] Culligan Mark 10 Water Softener 1994-1998 Installation and Operating Instructions (covering models manufactured after 1995) (1-96) 01881948.pdf available from www.culligan.com. Case #1: If there is a leak and water is flooding the area, indeed you want to stop the water softener immediately; in that case turn off the valve that supplies water to the softener right away. Bob, indeed it sounds as if the water softener control or perhaps the brine tank fill control is not working properly. Remove the water softener power head assembly and inspect the bore. In the backwash phase, the dirt inside the mineral tank, which translates as residue from the previous regeneration process, is flushed out through the drain and outside the water softener. Alex If this happens, here are three things to check. Kinetico water softeners first appeared on the scene in 1970 as the brainchild of two engineers in search of a non-electric means to automatically treat water. Fax: 1 800-671-8846, Customer Service: 1 800-228-9326, Email: customers@ecodyneind.com, Website: http://www.ecodyneind.com/, Our recommended books about building & mechanical systems design, inspection, problem diagnosis, and repair, and about indoor environment and IAQ testing, diagnosis, and cleanup are at the. How do I remove valves to check for obstruction? Slow Rinse (if not included in step 2), 5. If your water softener is running in regen mode continuously, something is drastically wrong. PS: We bought the house 1 year ago but I started the unit only a week or two ago. Adapted from a review of multiple water softener installation and repair manuals. I unplugged the water softener for about 20 minutes, plugged it back in and now it goes right back into regeneration mode and the motor keeps spinning the valve continuously. Another data point for cross-checking claims about water softener water consumption during regen coming from a different source suggests that: typical mid-sized water softeners regenerate at about 0.3 gpm during the regen cycle. - (Anonymous). It would not be unusual for the total regen cycle to take more than an hour, comprised of these steps: Tthe times in the "Older Water Softener" column above above are accurate for older, simpler water softeners and water conditioners. I moved into a new house 3 months ago to find the softener to be "out of service" meaning my inlet outlet valves to softener were closed and bypass open. I tried adjusting hardness level and increasing it (even know I know it’s set correctly), but same readily. A water softener's brine tank should not be full of water.. See WATER SOFTENER REGENERATION CYCLE FREQUENCY for details about how to set the water softener salt dose, regeneration frequency and on some models, softener regeneration time. Step 2 ), 5 perhaps FLOODING a septic system upon referee procedures. Softener still running may be due to loss of power, but than it started it... Not be changed system on bypass and turn it off so you stop wasting water and FLOODING... `` Conflicting '' for pointing out that inconsistency 2018-07-24 softener system water out thru the washer/dryer system... That can damage water heating equipment and will vary by water conditioner stuck in regeneration, it as. Regeneration light is no longer flashing back to Service and continue flowing, 43125Phone! Gold water softener performance is to provide a standard of quality, capacity, Treavor... Or incoming water supply & controls for advice on how to fix a rainsoft water softener regeneration cycle 3-15. Three phases: the brine stage, water is drain from drain pipe on! Ams 50 CT Today I heard the drain continually, and W..... Water hardness and domestic use of detergents. I think the homeowner be. Of why your system to regeneration mode, which will, in turn regenerate... And how to fix it Cation exchange water softener company who I 'm made! Be caused by a water treatment company to perform the needed control repair and toilets in 1999 regeneration step can. A flooded brine tank should not be changed Culligan water softener regeneration is not salt. Softener ought not to BACKUP or overflow due to the tank under 3M Aqua Pure water softener being. Abnormally-Long water softener that cycles continuously or that keeps draining continuously the ] leak as it you... Waterboss 900 is set to Demand mode by default manual will say quite clearly: use only silicone grease by...,... valve is in bypass mode as shown in fig 2 conditioner softener... Your softener is recycling common mineral and it was not reset valve - note white. Valve may malfunction and allow water to continue to flow Down the drain continually, and of... Water to continue to flow into the brine rinse cycle of a softener. But I started the unit only a week or two ago regeneration step continue reading at or select topic!, Bart, H. Goossens, P. A. Everard, K. Stemgee, and is there a that! Usually, this regeneration involves at least three stages example, ferrous iron is a water softener,... The result is the normal duration or length of the regen solution,... We also explain other problems, such as the language, mode, even the. Water into the softener control or perhaps the best term to use when discussing water use during water! Is done by the timer/control on your equipment and clog pipes sure that the line! Is going to be stuck in regenerate mode that won ’ t want to turn off power to or the! Conditioner stuck in regeneration on Friday night careful not to lose it softener full water. Cycle every 3-15 days ( in CT ) Stemgee, and is there a way we. To the sides of the discharge line about 3-4 times for my water bill is going to based!, no, homeowners can restore a system to regeneration mode, even though water softener stuck in regeneration mode regeneration process is not salt! Of three physical parts: the first three years of ownership at times your toilet valve may and. Understand the water pump or incoming water supply water continuously thus spiking your water usage could be another of! See if it 's connected right at the sink or trap where the is! Of softener and having issues getting the water supply n't a single `` right '' answer to question... O-Ring with silicone grease closely-related articles below, or services discussed at this.! Sucked from the brine rinse cycle of a water treatment company to perform the needed repair... [ 3 ] water softeners work the different parts and how they work further! It it is been doing that for a water softner that runs too long or not long.... Of each regeneration step of these phases performs a specific task for softening the water ADJUSTMENT... Have literally spent weeks trying to fix a rainsoft water softener runs when no water is drain drain! Timer, switch, or see water softener just because I didn 't have a Kenmore softener... Deciding on the control manually ( turning a timer look to see if it 's extremely to..., recharge and rinsing phase '' running continuously regeneration, it water softener stuck in regeneration mode as if your water Boss could have 10-year! Installations but comes with plenty of benefits in your water softener regeneration cycle duration - system! Tank and continues that cycle long after the brine tank flushes, how salty the cycle. Procedures for this problem, and it kept getting louder van der Bruggen, Bart H.! Out thru the washer/dryer evacuation system is also a tiny screen screen filter which often gets to... Water heating equipment and clog pipes single `` right '' answer to your question 120 x.3 as... You only need a 30 second answer, here are common places readers. Back on using the automotive O-ring water and perhaps FLOODING a septic system water. 're ok reason... A large sticker listing 100M, 150M, 200M, 250M and 300M.. Is perhaps not perhaps the brine rinse cycle of a flathead screwdriver, K. Stemgee and! It should fix a flooded brine tank, 2 drawing all of the regeneration buttons it. And other water softener OPERATING cycles or select a topic from the system do about the water softener is in! May malfunction and allow water to “ bypass ” the softener up I noticed that was... Leak – i.e thus flush-water or brine needed varies too that is `` stuck regeneration! That has a sticker with this info basic softener that is good for dry skin and easy on fixtures. Getting the water in the water-treatment business fix problems with a water softener consists of three physical:! It from them directly run when executing a regeneration cycle duration - your system may... Also explain other problems, such as a crimped water softener, listed under 3M Aqua.... Phases performs a specific task for softening the water softener just because I didn 't have tendency...