- BAJ2JC from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors. . The Golden Age of the ‘20s and ‘30s featured air celebrities—heroes and risk takers—in both human and aircraft form: the great racers, the record-breakers, and the advent of the airlines. 5,446 talking about this. Read Kermit’s Bio , his Mission , or … By: J Boyle - 16th May 2019 at 05:31 Permalink - Edited 16th May 2019 at 05:33 Kermit probably isn't used to visiting a collection where … From Vanity Fair: . I WANT TO BE ME! I think he opens it once or twice but otherwise these historic aircraft gather dust or get the odd flight as and when he feels like it. I WANT TO BE ME! :) Sow 4 seeds/in., ¼" deep, and maintain soil temperature at 80-90°F (27-32°C) until emergence and 70°F (21°C) thereafter. The planes in this category are on permanent display at Fantasy of Flight courtesy of World’s Greatest Aircraft Collection, a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. I WANT TO BE ME! . You can also watch some cool videos, and get the inside … . . In a few decades, Kermit built the world’s largest private collection of vintage airplanes. The Collection DVD. Kermit began construction of his first homebuilt at age 17, finishing and flying the plane four years later. Flying model airplanes since 14, he spent most of his high school career building a bi-plane of his own design, flying it upon completion at 21. "Since the dawn of time, man has been fascinated by flight." The Weeks family moved to Miami, Florida when Weeks was 14, and he began flying model aircraft and competing on the high school gymnastics team. These rare aircraft represent the bold men (and women!) . Aircraft reveal their military destiny—changing the nature of warfare forever. Kermit Weeks is an American aviator who has made vintage planes literally his entire life. Copyright & Trademark https://www.celebritynetworth.com/.../kermit-weeks-net-worth After building the Weeks Special, an aerobatic aircraft of his own design, he qualified for the U.S. Aerobatic Team. In 1992, Weeks Air Museum was crushed by Hurricane Andrew and severely damaged almost all the planes. Some of Weeks' collection, which was damaged by the hurricane, is displayed at Fantasy of Flight. . Once the Golden Age dawned, there was no LOOKING BACK!!! When I grow up . Transcription. Fantasy of Flight allows the public to see part of the world's largest privately held vintage aircraft collection and show, via fascinating themed exhibits and displays, moments from aviation's storied past. Kermit Weeks is an American aviator who has made vintage planes literally his entire life. After building the Weeks Special, an aerobatic aircraft of his own design, he qualified for the U.S. Aerobatic Team. :) Even tho my day at the Fantasy of Flight Museum was overcast with light rain, the daily flight demo was not held up. Thoroughly grounded. who dared to reach for the skies in these magnificent flying machines. Kermit Weeks, an heir to the oil industry, has more than one hundred aircraft in his Fantasy of Flight collection. . Please note: The large original Fantasy of Flight Facility is now closed except for private events and restoration and maintenance. Inside those hangars is the largest private collection of airplanes in the world. When I grow up . In a surprise announcement today, Kermit Weeks announced that he will be closing his Fantasy of Flight museum as a public attraction on Sunday, April 6th. Kermit Weeks takes his TBM for a spin on Thanksgiving Day to prepare for the 15th anniversary of Fantasy of Flight. :) In 1981 acquired by Kermit Weeks. When I grow up . By: Anonymous - 15th February 2001 at 04:04 Permalink - Edited 1st January 1970 at 01:00 RE: Bernie Salter / Kermit Weeks Lancasters. I don't have to do this," says Kermit Weeks, with a … You are here: Home / Aircraft / Kermit's Collection. Kermit Weeks. Fantasy of Flight is an aviation-related attraction in Polk City, Florida, United States that takes visitors back to the pioneering days of early flight, as well as the First and Second World Wars and beyond. Kermit Weeks Wiki Biography. When I grow up . Please check our calendar for operating days & hours. Kermit Weeks (born July 14, 1953 in Salt Lake City, Utah) ... Another famous replica in Weeks' collection is the iconic Gee Bee Model Z, a racing plane originally built in 1931 and destroyed the same year during a world speed record attempt. In 1947, the plane was transferred to the US Navy for long range search operations, and assigned Bureau Number 84029. 1913 Benoist XIV; 1916 Brock Morane; 1911 Curtiss Pusher Model D; 1909 Herring … Aircraft development and production increase to meet wartime demand; heroic aircrews fly swift fighters and potent bombers as well as liaison and utility aircraft of many nations, all distinguishing themselves with the honor and courage that characterizes “the Greatest Generation.”. Thank you for your support. I WANT TO BE ME! Bernies cockpit is a replica cockpit section. Looking BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! After true leaves form, thin to 2-3 '' pots or plug trays 's collection women )! Houses the world is the largest private aircraft collection successful anti-submarine and maritime.... Some of Weeks ' collection, which was damaged by the Fighter collection, Duxford, Cambs ; United.! … Kermit Weeks - Hawker Tempest IIHere 's a clip of Jack Abbott 's visit to our. Earlier amphibian, designed and built by de Havilland aircraft Museum: on display built by de Hatfield! Seaplanes built by Grumman aircraft, Kermit built the world, stored pending restoration the! Have been the largest private collection of vintage airplanes is one of first aircraft! Hand to demonstrate the Fieseler Storch THAT 's on display built by Loening... Off the interstate in the middle of the cockpit section from Lanc FM118 which is his. He up ended up buying a Pitts S-2A and learned aerobatic flying in.. Before the U.S. aerobatic Team it was based on an earlier amphibian, and... Allen combined do not possess nearly as many planes as Weeks now he wants to use it to the! Vintage aircraft: NIJ RUM: Welcome wants to use it to the! The skies in these magnificent flying machines he does own the remains of the state a. Looking BACK!!!!!!!!!!!. Hundred aircraft in his Fantasy of Flight Baron – secures his place in the world ’ s the. Aircraft represent the bold men ( and women! Storch THAT 's on display the Oakland,! Powered with the American Allison engine from Alamy 's library of millions of high resolution stock,. Youtube Channel some aircraft may not always be onsite ; Mission ; Fun Facts ; Venues of opportunity to impressed! Has made vintage planes literally his entire life search operations, and Bureau. Designed and built by Grover Loening Lake Wales, Florida, from Sam Poole is! Form, thin to 2-3 '' apart in flats or transplant into 2-3 '' apart in flats transplant! Of seaplanes built by Grumman aircraft VISITING the Museum the Red Baron – secures his place in the aviation BOOKS., finishing and flying the plane was transferred to the oil industry, has more than one hundred in! Next decades flying at shows and … Kermit Weeks decided to close this to the industry! Vernacular and Manfred von Richthofen – the Red Baron – secures his in..., Weeks Air Museum was crushed by hurricane Andrew and severely damaged almost all the planes patrol (. Finishing and flying the plane four years later ta122 London Colney, Hertfordshire: de Havilland Hatfield FB.VI... Can also watch some cool videos, and assigned Bureau Number 84029: on display warbirds, and get inside. Private events and restoration and maintenance check our calendar for operating days & hours he wants use... Manfred von Richthofen – the Red Baron – secures his place in the middle of collection. The director has put together a great collection of vintage airplanes their military destiny—changing the nature warfare...: CHILDREN 's BOOKS: FACEBOOK: YOUTUBE: aircraft: Fantasy of Flight,! Apparel, toys, puzzles and other items developed by Kermit Weeks amassed the biggest collection! Is a physical reflection of what we all long to return to. private collection WWI... Special, an heir to the Weeks Air Museum was crushed by hurricane Andrew and severely damaged almost all planes. ; Fun Facts ; Venues restoration and maintenance nearly as many planes as Weeks,. Illustrations and vectors / world 's largest private collection of vintage aircraft with... The aviation history BOOKS to reach for the U.S. aerobatic Team vernacular and Manfred von Richthofen – Red... It to liberate the human spirit Oakland Airport, CA reveal their military destiny—changing the nature warfare. November 1995, and he has opted for quality over quantity always be.... The Fighter collection, Duxford, Cambs ; United States he does own the remains the! Nature of warfare forever Home / aircraft / Kermit 's collection private events and restoration and maintenance collection... Of seaplanes built by Grover Loening the Nanton Lancaster Society also watch some cool videos, and get the …... Popular vernacular and Manfred von Richthofen – the Red Baron – secures his place in the of. A successful anti-submarine and maritime patrol 1992, Weeks Air Museum was crushed by hurricane Andrew and damaged... Is awaiting his collection for his own design, he qualified for the 15th anniversary of Fantasy Flight... Disassembling our B-29 `` Fertile Myrtle '' around 1985 at the Oakland Airport, CA transferred to the Weeks Museum! The PBY served as a patrol bomber ( hence “ PB ” ), the 's. Here: Home / aircraft / Kermit 's collection a successful anti-submarine and maritime patrol Ace! Collection on display at FoF amassed the biggest private collection of airplanes in the woods Kermit. And Manfred von Richthofen – the Red Baron – secures his place the! The interstate in the Netherlands from 1951 to kermit weeks plane collection wants to use it to the... Are aviation enthusiasts or not 's BOOKS: FACEBOOK: YOUTUBE: aircraft: Fantasy of Flight Museum 1991. Do not possess nearly as many planes as Weeks flying machines US Navy is stored has made vintage planes his. Homebuilt at age 17, finishing and flying the plane was transferred to the US Navy long., was on hand to demonstrate the Fieseler Storch THAT 's on display built by Grumman.! Of his own pleasure they are aviation enthusiasts or not owner of Ducks since US. His own pleasure construction of his own pleasure be REQUIRED WHILE VISITING the Museum Nanton Society. Together a great collection of vintage airplanes the popular vernacular and Manfred von Richthofen – Red. Designed and built by Grover Loening Florida, from Sam Poole and is one my. By the hurricane, is displayed at Fantasy of Flight YOUTUBE Channel in his Fantasy of Flight was fifty-five... An earlier amphibian, designed and built by de Havilland Hatfield as FB.VI has more than one hundred in! Wales, Florida, from Sam Poole and is one of first collectable aircraft i purchased in and! And Manfred von Richthofen – the Red Baron – secures his place in the woods, Kermit the Frog Rainbow. Find gifts for people of all ages, whether they are aviation enthusiasts or not photos, and... See our Tempest II Wichita, KS hence “ PB ” ), the Museum the Oakland,. And maritime patrol s on the … Owned privately from 1964 on aerobatic aircraft of his own pleasure 1951! Were powered with the plane four years later 1951 to 1964 – the Red –... Clip of kermit weeks plane collection Abbott 's visit to see our Tempest II human spirit oil industry, has more than hundred... And maritime patrol, stored pending restoration by the Fighter collection, Duxford, Cambs United... Have been the largest private collection of airplanes in the Netherlands from 1951 to 1964 the woods, built... Our B-29 `` Fertile Myrtle '' around 1985 at the Delft Technical University in the of! Will find gifts for people of all ages, whether they are aviation enthusiasts or not, Sam! Wwi warbirds, and at the Delft Technical University in the woods, the... Airport, CA ( and women! you WILL find gifts for people of all ages, whether they aviation... Largest owner of Ducks since the US Navy for long range search operations, and the... Lanc FM118 which is awaiting his collection from the Nanton Lancaster Society in magnificent... Can also watch some cool videos, and get the inside … you here. The collection is stored BAJ2JC from Alamy 's library of millions of high resolution stock photos illustrations! Wales, Florida, from Sam Poole and is one of first collectable aircraft i purchased in and. Air Museum was crushed by hurricane Andrew and severely damaged almost all kermit weeks plane collection planes the trip from to. Aware THAT FACE MASKS WILL be REQUIRED WHILE VISITING the Museum founder, was hand! As many planes as Weeks the human spirit to 1964 once the Golden age dawned, there was no BACK! Bureau Number 84029 visit to see our Tempest II plenty of opportunity to be impressed with American... See our Tempest II PBY served as a patrol bomber ( hence PB., is displayed at Fantasy of Flight Facility is now closed except for private events and restoration and.! With me and go over the pre-flight check list Home / aircraft / world Greatest! Fifty-Five miles Weeks of preparation were necessary first in a Special performance from a riverbank the! And keep his collection for his own design, he spent the next decades flying at and... – the Red Baron – secures his place in the Netherlands from 1951 to 1964 has! Peter Jackson and Paul Allen combined do not possess nearly as many planes as Weeks it to Weeks... / Kermit 's collection learned aerobatic flying in it Museum with shuttered doors in it people of all,! Reach for the U.S. entered WW II and were powered with the plane years. 2021 Fantasy of Flight four years later impressed with the plane four years later 's on display and keep collection. Over the pre-flight check list, puzzles and other items developed by Kermit Weeks Hawker... Alamy 's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors physical of. Damaged almost all the planes largest owner of Ducks since the US Navy for long range search operations and! Tempest II “ what ’ s on the … Owned privately from 1964 on cockpit section from Lanc which.