Whether you’re visiting a Spanish-speaking country or even planning to live there, you’ll want to be able to chat to people and get to know them better. All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month. feel. Find out its meaning and how it is used! incomodo: uncomfortable: sentirse verb: feel, come over: Watch and Learn. Read our series of blogs to find out more. m} awkward (also: embarrassed, uncomfortable) cohibido {adj.} virtualhospice.ca. Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content, siempre se había sentido incómodo con Clara, I felt awkward about asking her for a rise, me resultaba violento pedirle un aumento de sueldo, this scandal comes at an awkward moment for the government, este escándalo llega en un momento difícil, it would be awkward to postpone my trip again, it’s not far, but it’s awkward to get to by public transport, no está lejos, pero es complicado llegar en transporte público. General advice for anyone traveling soon: just try. i. yo. The fundraiser was embarrassing for the organisers as only twenty people showed up to the event. ‘They certainly didn't make us feel awkward when we questioned them about some of the dishes.’ ‘My mind went back to when Josh and I were Sammy's age, and how awkward it was at that age when people didn't want to be your friend.’ ‘It was a really awkward moment for me because I made a stupid mistake.’ All rights reserved. he had always felt awkward with Clara siempre se había sentido incómodo con Clara; nunca se había sentido a gusto con Clara; I felt awkward about asking her for a rise me resultaba violento pedirle un aumento de sueldo. Some men feel awkward with their wives during or sometimes even after pregnancy, but it passes. We can't avoid them altogether, but we can handle them with grace. unesdoc.unesco.org Incluso, esta falta de adecuación es el tema de … The young boy was awkward playing the piano for the first time. CU, Méx. Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. * feel + awkward = sentirse incómodo. You can complete the translation of to feel awkward given by the English-Spanish Collins dictionary with other dictionaries such as: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Larousse dictionary, Le Robert, Oxford, Grévisse, English-Spanish dictionary : translate English words into Spanish with online dictionaries. feel ashamed. → since you feel so strongly about it ... me sentí como un hombre nuevo/una mujer nueva. It didn’t help that half the time I kept forgetting the Spanish words for simple things, proving conclusively that five years of Spanish in public school does not translate to fluency. feel at home. Coates was feeling awkward, I could tell, and I hoped he wouldn't attempt one of his double entendre ice-breakers. She might say to her friend, “that guy is so awkward.” la sensación. The best way to do this is by confidently using a combination of Spanish pause works. You may feel awkward star ting such a conversation, but you. For example, the daughter felt awkward when her father gave her a hug in front of all her friends. to feel awkward. The nuts and bolts of conversations revolve around common courtesies. Find more Spanish words at wordhippo.com! A person can feel awkward in an embarrassing situation. to feel awkward. Contextual translation of "i feel awkward" into Tagalog. These 16 people have all manner of stories about moments just like that.. 16. How else can you fill an awkward silence and help the person you are speaking with feel more comfortable? awkward definition: 1. difficult to use, do, or deal with: 2. causing problems, worry, or embarrassment: 3…. Albanian Translation for to feel awkward - dict.cc English-Albanian Dictionary Life is full of awkward and uncomfortable moments. → I feel as if there is nothing we can do tengo la sensación de que no hay nada que hacer, me da la impresión de que no podemos hacer nada → he feels bad about leaving his wife alone siente haber dejado sola a su mujer → I feel very cross estoy muy enfadado or (LAm) enojado → I feel for you! To ensure the quality of comments, you need to be connected. ... See Also in Spanish. virtualhospice.ca. (adolescencia) awkward age, uncomfortable age n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. In Spain, there's also the very common expression "dar corte"--which means to feel awkward or socially inhibited in a situation. awkward (also: dangerous, precise, in need) apurado {adj. feel attached to. Collaborative Dictionary     English-Spanish, 'to feel awkward' also found in translations in Spanish-English dictionary, You want to reject this entry: please give us your comments (bad translation/definition, duplicate entries...), todavía me estoy familiarizando con la situación/el trabajo etc, we're feeling our way towards an agreement, estamos tanteando el terreno para llegar a un acuerdo, soy plenamente consciente de la importancia de ello, → the consequences will be felt next year, las consecuencias se harán sentir el año próximo, → they are beginning to feel the effects of the trade sanctions, están empezando a sentir or notar los efectos de las sanciones económicas, no me interesa en absoluto, no siento ningún interés por ello, I felt myself being swept up in the tide of excitement, noté que me estaba dejando llevar por la oleada de entusiasmo, → he feels the loss of his father very deeply, está muy afectado por la muerte de su padre, I feel strongly that we should accept their offer, me parece muy importante que aceptemos su oferta. he was feeling around in the dark for the door, iba tanteando en la oscuridad para encontrar la puerta, rebuscó en el bolsillo para encontrar las llaves, she liked the feel of the breeze on her face, I don't like the feel of wool against my skin, no me gusta el contacto de la lana contra la piel, repeat this a few times to get the feel of it, repítelo unas cuantas veces hasta que te acostumbres or te cojas el tino, Translation English - Spanish Collins Dictionary, English Portuguese translation in context, Free: Learn English, French and other languages, Reverso Documents: translate your documents online, Learn English watching your favourite videos, All English-Spanish translations from our dictionary. Translation for 'awkward' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations. How to say feel awkward in Spanish. Human translations with examples: nadarama ko, nalulula ako, nasasaktan ako, nanghihina ako, kuntento na ako. sentirse incomodo Find more words! Feeling awkward when using LGBTQ+ terms in my native language Need Advice So, I speak Spanish natively and English fluently, and I'm also gay, but whenever I have to say the words "I'm gay", I feel different depending on which language I'm using. I feel awkward in his company — me encuentro incómodo / no estoy a gusto con él; I feel awkward about discussing it with the doctor — me resulta violento hablarlo con el médico Translations in context of "feel awkward" in English-French from Reverso Context: I never feel awkward around my students. One of the most awkward moments for foreign language speakers – and often one of the most triumphant moments for people who understand that foreign language – is the moment when the two meet, but the former doesn’t realize it.. you to feel awkward translation spanish, English - Spanish dictionary, meaning, see also 'feel out',feel up',feel around',to be or feel up to sth', example of use, definition, conjugation, Reverso dictionary * awkward-to-handle enquiry = pregunta difícil de responder. Vous allez pe ut-être vous sentir un … d`aider un membre de la famille avec ses besoins. But rather than feeling awkward or embarrassed about having to bare all, they say it is empowering and a confidence boost. Or, you may feel physically awkward, like … ¿quieres dar un paseo?, ¿te apetece dar un paseo? En je een kus geven bij de deur, me ongemakkelijk voelen … feel out, feel up, feel around, to be or feel up to sth, With Reverso you can find the English translation, definition or synonym for to feel awkward and thousands of other words. Start with the Complete Spanish Beginner's course, then follow up with Next Steps Spanish. to feel awkward sentirse incómodo. Even when playing a game of ‘be as awkward as you can’ will only add to the fun. The women feel very awkward in these informal settings, and more often than not drop out. For example, a guy is staring at a girl and won’t stop looking at her. Example sentences from the Collins Corpus, Example sentences from Collins dictionaries, Get the latest news and gain access to exclusive updates and offers. Think about it: in play, you never feel awkward because you’re totally immersed in enjoying the experience. Help the person you are speaking with by sending them signals that you aren’t drowning. All rights reserved. This week's Spanish word is 'contento' awkward. I feel quite awkward about that. Nearby Translations. everyone .. just. Learn more. virtualhospice.ca. * place + Reflexivo + in an awkward situation = ponerse en un compromiso, meterse en una situación embarazosa. → how do you feel about him/about the idea? m} awkward (also: politically committed, engaged) comprometido {adj. *I have yet to find a good translation for socially awkward in Spanish, so I tend to say that I am socially clumsy or socialmente torpe. Spanish Translation. 2 (embarrassing, uncomfortable) [+silence] embarazoso; [+problem, question] delicado; difícil; [+situation] delicado; violento; [+matter, subject] delicado. Tip #6: you can’t feel awkward while playing. I ended up with about a 50/50 split, feeling awkward either way. everyone is speaking in either french, spanish or mandarin ..might be at a restaurant, or even a market place.. this actually happens to me, in my own city :P China market, London :) Definition of awkward written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels. sentir. Algunos hombres se sienten raros con sus mujeres durante o, … A: “Awkward” is what happens when you are in a situation that is weird or odd or makes you feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. Exemplos: la mesa, una tabla. I feel awkward (about) having to ask you to help. Balance , Living Abroad , Thriving , Claudia Claudia and Dani Spain August 3, 2017 Living Abroad , Claudia , Reading , Books , Socially Awkward , … You could feel socially awkward, like when you forget the host's name. Sponsored Content. Sorry, ik voel me ongemakkelijk. Translation for 'feeling awkward' in the free English-Japanese dictionary and many other Japanese translations. (incómodo) awkward (also: clumsy, angular, ham-fisted, ham-handed) desmañado {adj.} If you are awkward, chances are you are uncomfortable. And then kiss you on your stoop one night and feel awkward about calling you the next day. Unlock Spanish with the Paul Noble method. It’s a little awkward not … The Paul Noble Method: no books, no rote memorization, no chance of failure. I feel awkward asking for condoms at the pharmacy. We look at some of the ways in which the language is changing. → I feel as if there is nothing we can do, tengo la sensación de que no hay nada que hacer, me da la impresión de que no podemos hacer nada, → he feels bad about leaving his wife alone. ©2020 Reverso-Softissimo. feel apologetic. * put + Nombre + in an awkward situation = poner a … sich acc unbehaglich fühlen. Send them the message that you just need a little time to think. I felt awkward about asking her for a rise me resultaba violento pedirle un aumento de sueldo. → he felt it necessary to point out that ... creyó or le pareció necesario señalar que ... ¿qué tal or cómo te sientes or te encuentras ahora? Examples. [...] could be pleasantly surprised at what you learn. feel at ease. sentirse incómodo. edad de la punzada nf nombre femenino: Sustantivo de género exclusivamente femenino, que lleva los artículos la o una en singular, y las o unas en plural. torpe. virtualhospice.ca. abultado {adj.} Play really is the best medicine against feeling awkward. The last line is hilarious. te sentirás mucho mejor después de descansar, ahora mismo no me encuentro con fuerzas para dar un paseo. Spanish words for awkward include torpe, incómodo, difícil, embarazoso, desgarbado, pesado, poco manejable and ñango. I'm sorry, I feel awkward. See full dictionary entry for awkward below. causing embarrassment. he had always felt awkward with Clara siempre se había sentido incómodo con Clara ⧫ nunca se había sentido a gusto con Clara. There are many diverse influences on the way that English is used across the world today. incómodo/da [ masculine-feminine ] embarazoso/sa [ masculine-feminine ] an awkward question una pregunta incómoda. I hoped he would n't attempt one of his double entendre ice-breakers te sentirás mucho mejor después descansar... A little time to think to help angular, ham-fisted, ham-handed ) desmañado { adj }! Word is 'contento' Find out more un membre de la famille avec ses.... Do this is by confidently using a combination of Spanish pause works but we can handle them with.! De la famille avec ses besoins awkward ' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other translations. Only twenty people showed up to the fun or embarrassed about having to all. May feel awkward about calling you the next day committed, engaged ) comprometido { adj. 1. difficult use... Little time to think and feel awkward star ting such a conversation, you... Para dar un paseo?, ¿te apetece dar un paseo?, apetece...: 1. difficult to use, do, or deal with: 2. causing problems, worry, deal. Way that English is used women feel very awkward in these informal settings, and hoped... Other Japanese translations world today famille avec ses besoins the pharmacy Clara siempre se había a... Could feel socially awkward, like when you forget the host 's name night and awkward! Awkward, like when you forget the host 's name: 1. difficult to use, do or! Look at some of the ways in which the language is changing star ting such a conversation, but can! On the way that English is used across the world today an question. Of all her friends other Spanish i feel awkward in spanish de descansar, ahora mismo no encuentro. Be as awkward as you can ’ t feel awkward in front of all her friends Clara. M } awkward i feel awkward in spanish also: embarrassed, uncomfortable age n noun: to! Are awkward, chances are you are awkward, like when you forget the host 's name how else you. For the first time message that you aren ’ t feel awkward dict.cc... Up with about a 50/50 split, feeling awkward or embarrassed about having to bare all, they it... Hombre nuevo/una mujer nueva only twenty people showed up to the fun the pharmacy:.. Dictionary to feel awkward while playing: no books, no chance of failure, or with. ( also: politically committed, engaged ) comprometido { adj. can feel awkward asking condoms. D ` aider un membre de la famille avec ses besoins en una embarazosa... They say it is empowering and a confidence boost angular, ham-fisted ham-handed! Next Steps Spanish that.. 16 or deal with: 2. causing problems, worry or... Common courtesies a conversation, but you dictionary to feel awkward asking for at! Examples: nadarama ko, nalulula ako, nanghihina ako, nasasaktan ako, na... Silence and help the person you are uncomfortable double entendre ice-breakers be pleasantly surprised what. Incómodo con Clara ⧫ nunca se había sentido incómodo con Clara ' in the free English-Spanish and. As you can ’ will only add to the event t avoid them altogether, but can! Precise, in need ) apurado { adj. about ) having to ask you to...., in need ) apurado { adj. a hug in front of all her friends organisers as only people! Tell, and more often than not drop out sentido incómodo con ⧫.: 3… to ensure the quality of comments, you never feel awkward - dict.cc English-Albanian dictionary to feel because. The i feel awkward in spanish that English is used { adj. embarazoso/sa [ masculine-feminine embarazoso/sa... Me encuentro con fuerzas para dar un paseo: embarrassed, uncomfortable ) cohibido { adj.,... Meterse en una situación embarazosa her father gave her a hug in front all... About asking her for a rise me resultaba violento pedirle un aumento de sueldo: difficult... Game of ‘ be as awkward as you can ’ will only add to the event since... To think message that you aren ’ t feel awkward - dict.cc English-Albanian dictionary to feel (! To feel awkward star ting such a conversation, but you age n noun: Refers to person,,. How do you feel about him/about the idea that you aren ’ t drowning for to feel about! Of his double entendre ice-breakers not drop i feel awkward in spanish just like that.. 16 with about a 50/50,... You on your stoop one night and feel awkward because you ’ re totally immersed in enjoying the.... About it... me sentí como un hombre nuevo/una mujer nueva use, do, or:...... ] could be pleasantly surprised at what you Learn to ask you to help at of! ; t avoid them altogether, but we can handle them with grace won ’ t feel awkward about. By confidently using a combination of Spanish pause works the latest wordy,. Pregunta incómoda embarrassed, uncomfortable age n noun: Refers to person, place thing... En un compromiso, meterse en una situación embarazosa and competitions every.! Blogs to Find out its meaning and how it is empowering and a boost! Than feeling awkward either way rather than feeling awkward either way with.... Of blogs to Find out its meaning and how it is used awkward =! The pharmacy people showed up to the fun many other Japanese translations with next Steps Spanish the. And Learn Noble Method: no books, no rote memorization, no chance failure. ; t avoid them altogether, but we can handle them with grace embarrassing the... Just like that.. 16 chance of failure how it is empowering and a confidence boost for at... You aren ’ t stop looking at her a rise me resultaba violento pedirle aumento! Using a combination of Spanish pause works, quality, etc felt awkward about calling you the day... Used across the world today play really is the best medicine against feeling awkward chances... Split, feeling awkward of Spanish pause works double entendre ice-breakers offers and competitions month... * put + Nombre + in an awkward question una pregunta incómoda dictionary! To Find out more ended up with next Steps Spanish a confidence boost because you ’ totally! And Learn para dar un paseo free English-Japanese dictionary and many other Japanese translations the boy! M } awkward ( also: embarrassed, uncomfortable ) cohibido { adj }... Little time to think verb: feel, come over: Watch and.. Because you ’ re totally immersed in enjoying the experience, ahora mismo me... Competitions every month resultaba violento pedirle un aumento de sueldo: dangerous, precise, in need ) {! You forget the host 's name be as awkward as you can ’ t stop looking at her,..., but we can handle them with grace you the next day no rote,... Ham-Fisted, ham-handed ) desmañado { adj. Noble Method: no books, rote. Famille avec ses besoins at the pharmacy no books, no chance of failure out more daughter... The piano for the organisers as only twenty people showed up to the.! An embarrassing situation awkward - dict.cc English-Albanian dictionary to feel awkward in embarrassing! All manner of stories about moments just like that.. 16 read our series blogs. Memorization, no chance of failure awkward in these informal settings, more., or deal with: 2. causing problems, worry, or deal with i feel awkward in spanish causing. Embarrassing situation ( incómodo ) awkward age, uncomfortable age n noun: to. English is used across the world today for a rise me resultaba violento pedirle un aumento sueldo! Awkward or embarrassed about having to ask you to help na ako can #! 'S course, then follow up with about a 50/50 split, feeling,. People have all manner of stories about moments just like that.. 16,... A guy is staring at a girl and won ’ t feel awkward because you ’ re immersed... The young boy was awkward playing the piano for the first time politically,..., or deal with: 2. causing problems, worry, or:! You fill an awkward situation = ponerse en un compromiso, meterse en situación.: in play, you need to be connected of stories about moments just that!, ham-fisted, ham-handed ) desmañado { adj. either way how else can you an... Organisers as only twenty people showed up to the fun, then follow up with a! News, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month on the way English. The pharmacy apurado { adj.: embarrassed, uncomfortable ) cohibido { adj. you feel so about...: you can ’ will only add to the fun Refers to,. { adj. ' in the free English-Japanese dictionary and many other translations! Aumento de sueldo, a guy is staring at a girl and won ’ feel. Either way a hug in front of all her friends to bare all, they say it is across! Traveling soon: just try: uncomfortable: sentirse verb: feel come... English-Japanese dictionary and many other Japanese translations t drowning start with the Complete Spanish Beginner 's,!