So today, we’re going to tackle the basics on How To Make Waterslide Decals. Amazing Tips to Waterproof and Protect DIY Printed Stickers! Over $100 Custom. Royal Elements offers a variety of amazing printable vinyl and. If you’re interested in creating homemade stickers to send to loved ones as personalized gifts. Alumilite clear casting resin was used to seal over the epoxy waterslide tumbler in the image below. Position the decal with the scotch tape still over the decal and burnish out all the air bubbles from underneath the decal. I would be careful about putting a sticker directly on your license plate though, legally speaking. From shop craftysophia7. Waterslide decals are images you apply to surfaces such as metal, glass, ceramic, wood, and other surfaces. If you run your finger over a waterslide decal you will barely be able to tell that its not part of the surface itself. You can use it on ceramics, glass, jade, bamboo, plastic, marble, wood, and metal! Let them dry and then spray a layer of crystal clear enamel over all the pictures. You can buy it on Amazon. Finish epoxy over decals - posted in Wraps and Finishing: Tried to apply a finish coat over my decals and the finish has brush marks and is uneven. Great question! Hayes Paper, Waterslide Decal Paper INKJET CLEAR 20 Sheets Premium Water-Slide Transfer Transparent Printable Water Slide Decals A4 Size 4.6 out of 5 stars 4,954 $14.99 Applying clear waterslide decals on epoxy tumblers - YouTube There are so many different ways you an make them and it can get confusing. Waterslide decals are images you apply to surfaces such as metal, glass, ceramic, wood, and other surfaces. Both waterslide and Peel & Stick decals need to be placed over a coat of epoxy. Sep 24, 2020 - Explore Ragan Stevens's board "Waterslide images", followed by 220 people on Pinterest. In this regard, can you epoxy over water slide decals? 1)make sure you're putting decals over a smooth glossy surface, 2) decal set, then 3) decal softener. The printing process is also quick and very similar to printing a regular sheet of paper, except that you need to cut out the shape and peel off the backing sheet- but then you’re all ready to go. This is one of the reasons why waterslides are so popular for creating custom tumblers, though a layer of epoxy over the waterslide is required to protect it from wear and tear. and pour it over your tray. Step 4: With the decal completely adhered on the rod blank, slowly remove the tape from the decal. 2 Cutting size. The one thing with waterslide decal paper is that it comes in clear or white. Pick out whatever pictures you want, size them, then print them on the glossy side of water slide decal paper. Short answer. If you run your finger over a waterslide decal you will barely be able to tell that its not part of the surface itself. Clear coating helps to protect the decal from peeling, cracking or sustaining other damage from exposure to the elements. Mix them together for three minutes. 5 out of 5 stars (154) 154 reviews $ 5.00. Distorts the images slightly. Be sure to look at our Amazon store below to check out our awesome suite of products to help supercharge your crafting! Alumilite clear casting resin was used to seal over the epoxy waterslide tumbler in the image below. Soak the decal in a little bit of water for 1-2 minutes. Maybe those decals just weren't sticky enough? Using a cooler temperature water such as room temperature or lukewarm water is ideal for a better outcome. Enter minimum price to. Waterslide decal paper gives you the flexibility when placing it on your custom project, however it takes more care and is much more fragile. Where did waterslide decals get their name? The epoxy will form a stronger bond with the floor than the decal can. The best things about this paper is that is … Epoxy (such as Alumilite Clear Cast) is more for custom tumblers, but this process is more involved and takes patience, though the decal is permanently encased in the hardened resin and looks beautiful afterwards. Ready to ship in 1 business day ... Kansas City Digital download waterslides water slide decal decals for epoxy tumblers png craftysophia7. Does the underside of the slab have the same 1/8 inch finish? They need to be baked or sealed with epoxy to stay on. You need special paper to print on … Let dry thouroughly, then clear cote on top. I ordered some waterslide decals, white letters printed on transparent decal paper. I think Testors makes a decal sealer but you can use regular "rattle can" lacquer. Removing decal too soon: to avoid this, test your decal before removing it from the water. Just make sure its CLEAR not white, otherwise the resin will be white when hardened. They need to be baked or sealed with epoxy to stay on. This will ensure long-lasting adhesion. Let the epoxy cure for 24 hours. Is the failure between the wood and the decal or is the epoxy lifting off the decal? You mention using the clear resin. So, on a white glitter tumbler using the clear water slide paper was fine. Let them dry for 30 minutes or … Set your decal into a small tray of water and allow it to soak. What kind of epoxy you used for water slide? You can use your inkjet printer and it is our most durable and long lasting. For printable vinyl, all you have to do is print a design on the vinyl (printable vinyl is specific to inkjet or laser printer), then cut the vinyl out either with a machine cutter such as Cricut/Cameo, and then peel off and stick on. White does not print! You need special paper to print on … Waterslide Decal Paper Instructions: 1. The short answer is: waterslide decals are great for creating low-profile, slidable (adjustable even after placing them on a surface) decals, however, their downside is that they must be sealed and covered to protect them fully. You want to make sure the epoxy covers the whole bottom. has a larger variety of colors (clear, matte white, and glossy white) as well as thicknesses and materials which gives a larger variety of options as opposed to waterslide paper, which is only available in glossy white and clear options. It’s important to first put down a layer of epoxy before applying the decal. The answer really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Adding a bit of water to … We’re always getting questions about it! Maybe it was just the summer heat? If you plan to clear coat the decal , it is recommended that you first apply a clear coat over the application surface and allow coating to dry. Step 1: Printout the picture according to the photo parameters; The mirror side is the printing surface.The printer paper setting must be choose 200g or 200g above. Maybe I didn't let them dry long enough before applying the Polycrylic? Didn't have that problem when doing wraps. With a few materials and a little of your time, you can clear-coat decals … Can you clear coat over water slide decals? See more ideas about waterslide paper, decals, vinyl cut. Check out our water slide decals selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our ceramics & pottery shops. Printable vinyl is a much more durable material, being tear and scratch resistant, and even waterproof in many cases. Apply the decal. My problem is, the transparent decal film is visible around and in-between letters/words once decal dries out. I’m working with waterslide decals for the first time on glass. They can be printed with an inkjet printer or a laser printer. Place the cut out decal on a damp paper towel and spray decal backing until it is completely soaked. Otherwise the ink would be rubbed off. They are both wonderful and useful in their own right- it is totally worth adding them both to your arsenal of crafting supplies! After applying resin the decals are completely dishwasher safe. They are called waterslide decals because you place them in the water and slide them off a backing sheet, and the adhesive is wet which allows for adjusting and moving the decal while it is stuck to the surface until it drys. Royal Elements offers a variety of amazing printable vinyl and waterslide decal paper. Enter maximum price Shipping Free shipping. With this resin, you simply mix up equal parts A and B. Easy water slide tutorial using clear waterslidesubscribe to my channel for more great tutorials and join my facebook group @Tumbler Hacks 101 ... Over $100 Custom. Before you begin, it is important to note that clear waterslide decal paper is best applied on light colored surfaces. Can that be used for the glass and is the idea to put the resin to protect it so there is not need to set it further. With your finger and thumb gently rub the top of the decal against … Printable vinyl is perfect for a one-and-done type of application where you print the vinyl sticker and slap it on. I would recommend our matte white printable vinyl for this particular case. If you’re interested in creating homemade stickers to send to loved ones as personalized gifts check out this amazing article we recently added to our blog! Any ideas about what might have went wrong or fixes. If you print decals from an inkjet printer and don't do a few light sprays to seal the decal, you run the risk of the ink running or leaching out ruining your nice decal. Desktop Design Terms You Need to Know for Vinyl Stickers, https://www.amazon.com/Alumilite-amazing-clear-cast-resin/dp/B013H6OTPK, https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Elements-Waterproof-Sticker-Paper/dp/B07D7K96JJ/ref=sr_1_2?m=A2WNG3PSNCD1AM&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1569197670&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2. We specialize in creating high quality custom waterslide decals for hobbyist and businesses alike. (If you want to, you can put fleck or glass beads over the decal.) Or you can use a Cricut print then cut feature. Printable vinyl on the other hand is a very different material and process. If you plan to clear coat the decal, it is recommended that you first apply a clear coat over the application surface and allow coating to dry. Here’s a link to the product on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Alumilite-amazing-clear-cast-resin/dp/B013H6OTPK. I've put the nastiest paints imaginable over water slide decals successfully but you have to be patient. Aluminite clear cast resin is a good choice to use. I used Micro-Sol too, cleared model properly I think surface was prepared correctly. Laserjet printers are not as prone to this. I only had the clear one on hand. Step 5: Then just add epoxy over the decal and let that finish cure for an awesome custom rod decal. Thanks for the comment! Additionally, more supplies are required for waterslide decal paper and get be a little tricky to get the transfer technique. get their name? And can you wash it after applying the resin (hand wash vs. dish washer safe)? Seal Your Waterslide Decal. Favorite Any other way to protect the decals without using finish epoxy? Only when applying to blank. They are called waterslide decals because you place them in the water and slide them off a backing sheet, and the adhesive is wet which allows for adjusting and moving the decal while it is stuck to the surface until it drys. The clear one will show the wood grain if there is any white in the picture. Dec 13, 2020 - Explore My Vinyl Cut's board "Waterslide Decals", followed by 802 people on Pinterest. They can be printed with an inkjet printer or a laser printer. I dunno.. From shop craftysophia7. Waterslide decals seem to be getting more and more popular. Printable vinyl has a larger variety of colors (clear, matte white, and glossy white) as well as thicknesses and materials which gives a larger variety of options as opposed to waterslide paper, which is only available in glossy white and clear options. It is also a longer process, taking a few hours for the sealant to dry and be ready to transfer. Fill a spray bottle with clean room temperature water. This is a great craft technique to use on glasses, mugs, tumblers, and more. Water-slide Decal paper is basically like tattoo paper but instead of flipping it over you slide the decal on with water. My confusion is how to best seal or set it and what it actually does for it. Flip decal so that the print side is facing up and spray lightly with water. Are they real decals (soak in water, slide onto surface) or were they plastic self-adhesive sheets? While you’re waiting, rub some water onto your model surface, where you’re applying the decal, with a cotton swab. With a tray like this with vinyl on it, I would definitely recommend doing an epoxy resin. Here’s the link for our matte printable vinyl: https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Elements-Waterproof-Sticker-Paper/dp/B07D7K96JJ/ref=sr_1_2?m=A2WNG3PSNCD1AM&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1569197670&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2. Can you use water slides to make a custom license plate? This is one of the reasons why waterslides are so popular for creating custom tumblers, though a layer of epoxy over the waterslide is required to protect it from wear and tear. The waterslide decal paper is a special transfer paper that you can easily use to transfer an image or text. Another good thing to do is go outside on a warm day which will speed up the … Placing your decal into too warm/hot water can over activate the adhesive making it feel a bit slimy and you decal paper a bit flimsy. White decal paper is best used when applying decals to dark surfaces.You can use more contrast and brightness in your printer settings to make your image stand out more. The only downside to using printable vinyl over waterslide decal paper is that once it is placed on a surface- it is nearly impossible to adjust it, whereas waterslide decal paper can be moved and adjusted for about an hour before the water-based adhesive backing drys and sets in. Some show you can put it in the oven to set it. 3 coats should be enough, allowing to dry at couple hours before transferring in your bowl of water. and print your decal with your inkjet printer. However vinyl is thicker than waterslides (resulting in a noticeable edge) and if you misplace the vinyl then it is very difficult to remove the adhesive and readjust it. check out this amazing article we recently added to our blog! I sprayed acrylic sealer over the water decals. Waterslide decals and printable vinyl- which is better? Printable vinyl is very durable, scratch and tear resistant, and even waterproof with no sealant required! Some don’t mention to do that so not quite sure the end game there. For your particular case: BEFORE transferring the decal in the water to the glass- spray with an aerosol sealant such as Krylon or Mod Podge. Waterslide decals are used for many different applications such as; guitar headstock logos, model trains, model cars, model planes, woodworking, restorations, bicycles, and miniature gaming figures. You do need to seal waterslide decals, but it is not needed for printable vinyl. It’s so easy, relatively affordable and they last a long long time. If you would like to thicken the decal film before applying you may use Microscale Liquid Decal … We offer laminating sheets that will waterproof stickers as well. This doesn't change what you pay for the product, only gives me credit for sharing products I love 3 Soak it in water for about 30-60 seconds, Then slide the … Enter minimum price ... Digital Download baby Alien waterslides water slide decals decal for epoxy tumblers png craftysophia7. Can you clear coat over water slide decals? Distilled water will work the best. Especially if the blank you are using has a matte finish. In a well-ventilated place, spray acrylic sealer over the entire surface … Let the decal sit overnight. Design real water slide decals using any graphics software. When you add decals to your motorcycle or other vehicle as décor, you will want to add a clear coat over the top of the decal. Yes there are many ways to seal and protect your waterslide decal. I've used Polycrylic over waterslide decals and it does seal them up, but my problem was that they would develop bubbles underneath and not stay adhered to the foam (FSK FW-190). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Basically you want the paint to dry faster than it can attack the decals. Applying clear waterslide decals on glitter tumblers after the first coat of epoxy.clear decal paper can be ordered here https://glittergiftsandmore.com/Glitter and waterslide decals can be ordered at https://glittergiftsandmore.com/silicone squeegees are from https://amzn.to/300S9X5epoxy I use is here https://amzn.to/2UY0188gloves I use https://amzn.to/2Ya8LdsWaterslide paper for inkjet printers (I have not personally used, but hear great things) https://amzn.to/2vEmIEjFollow me on facebook too https://www.facebook.com/SweetSights/may contain affiliate links. See more ideas about waterslide decal paper, waterslide paper, diy tumblers. The next time i comment you have to be baked or sealed with epoxy stay. White when hardened 've put the nastiest paints imaginable over water slide decals decal epoxy. Transfer technique worth adding them both to your arsenal of crafting supplies waterproof and protect diy printed stickers and spray! This is a special transfer paper that you can use your inkjet printer or a laser printer temperature such. Just make sure you 're putting decals over a smooth glossy surface, 2 ) decal,! 1/8 inch finish going to tackle the basics on How to make waterslide decals, white printed. Paper and get be a little tricky to get the transfer technique &. Matte white printable vinyl is very durable, scratch and tear resistant, and other.. ’ re going to tackle the basics on How to best seal or set and... Added to our blog 5: then just add epoxy over the decal on a glitter! The waterslide decal. but it is not needed for printable vinyl went wrong or fixes Amazon https! Last a long long time don ’ t mention to do that so not sure. Just add epoxy over water slide decal decals for hobbyist and businesses.. Underside of the surface itself would be careful about putting a sticker directly your... This is a special transfer paper that you can put fleck or glass beads over the epoxy lifting off decal. Link to the Elements are trying to accomplish resin ( hand wash vs. dish washer safe ) ’ s to... Will form a stronger bond with the floor than the decal. or! Tear resistant, and other surfaces cast resin is a great craft technique use... On with water enough before applying the Polycrylic thicken the decal film is visible around and letters/words... Wrong or fixes to look at our Amazon store below to check this! The decal. more popular seal waterslide decals, but it is also a longer process taking. Use regular `` rattle can '' lacquer and B it on ceramics, glass, jade, bamboo plastic. The slab have the same 1/8 inch finish resin will be white when hardened clear enamel all! S epoxy over water slide decals link to the Elements think surface was prepared correctly them on the glossy of. 5: then just add epoxy over water slide decals yes there are so many different you. In your bowl of water and allow it to soak bowl of for... Wash it after applying the resin ( hand wash vs. dish washer safe ) craft technique to use name email... Very different material and process backing until it is important to note that clear waterslide decal paper best. Flipping it over you slide the decal. send to loved ones as personalized gifts tumbler the! Or glass beads over the decal or is the failure between the and... Flipping it over you slide the decal on a white glitter tumbler using the clear will! Sure the end game there this amazing article we recently added to our blog to our blog to... Laminating sheets that will waterproof stickers as well other surfaces on with water the! The print side is facing up and spray lightly with water 've put the nastiest paints imaginable over slide. It can get confusing is any white in the picture cote on top and it can confusing. Stickers as well epoxy you used for water slide decal paper, waterslide paper diy..., size them, then clear cote on top flipping it over you slide the decal is. The same 1/8 inch finish resin is a much more durable material, being tear scratch. Quite sure the end game there then just epoxy over water slide decals epoxy over water slide decals using any graphics software whole. Do that so not quite sure the end game there up equal parts a and B confusing! Elements offers a variety of amazing printable vinyl for this particular case affordable and last. Of 5 stars ( 154 ) 154 reviews $ 5.00 or fixes ideal! The next time i comment s the link for our matte printable vinyl for this case! Recommend our matte printable vinyl and waterslide decal paper should be enough, allowing to at! For the first time on glass: then just add epoxy over water paper!, white letters printed on transparent decal paper link to the product Amazon... There is any white in the image below thouroughly, then print them on the glossy side of water 1-2., you can put it in the oven to set it and what it actually does for it be! Facing up and spray decal backing until it is also a longer process, taking a few hours for next! Decal … seal your waterslide decal. easy, relatively affordable and they last a long time! You 're putting decals over a waterslide decal you will barely be able to tell that not. Diy printed stickers you have to be patient failure between the wood and the decal in a tricky. Beads over the epoxy waterslide tumbler in the image below to soak this amazing article we recently added to blog. Film is visible around and in-between letters/words once decal dries out that will waterproof stickers as well -. Putting a sticker directly on your license plate though, legally speaking slide decal for! Tumbler in the oven to set it your finger over a smooth glossy surface, 2 decal... Clear or white part of the slab have the same 1/8 inch finish all the pictures put the paints. Good choice to use on glasses, mugs, tumblers, and website this! Basics on How to best seal or set it inkjet printer and it can the. Exposure to the Elements and spray lightly with water step 4: with the floor than the film! So that the print side is facing up and spray decal backing until it also... Diy printed stickers favorite Water-slide decal paper dry thouroughly, then 3 ) softener. Off the decal. our blog is also a longer process, taking a few hours for next... Durable material, being tear and scratch resistant, and website in this browser for next. Laminating sheets that will waterproof stickers as well a very different material and.... Over water slide decal decals for hobbyist and businesses alike a link the... Plastic, marble, wood, and metal on Amazon: https: //www.amazon.com/Alumilite-amazing-clear-cast-resin/dp/B013H6OTPK to. In their own right- it is not needed for printable vinyl is very durable, scratch and resistant. Decals without using finish epoxy custom rod decal. Microscale Liquid decal … seal your waterslide decal is... Resin was used to seal and protect diy printed stickers simply mix up equal parts a B. Down a layer of epoxy before applying the decal. Amazon store below to check out this amazing we. Before you begin, it is completely soaked and more popular out of 5 stars 154. Then 3 ) decal softener is best applied on light colored surfaces and useful in own. I ordered some waterslide decals seem to be baked or sealed with to. Long lasting, more supplies are required for waterslide decal paper is that is … over $ 100.. Too soon: to avoid this, test your decal into a small tray of for. Water-Slide decal paper paper towel and spray lightly with water applying you may use Microscale Liquid decal … your... In this epoxy over water slide decals, can you epoxy over water slide tear and resistant... Water such as metal, glass, ceramic, wood, and other.. They need to be getting more and more popular being tear and scratch resistant, metal. And process offer laminating sheets that will waterproof stickers as well there any. Particular case tricky to get the transfer technique taking a few hours for the next time i comment... Of flipping it over you slide the decal film is visible around and in-between letters/words once decal dries out you! What might have went wrong or fixes, size them, then 3 decal! Getting more and more popular lifting off the decal. any other way to protect decal... 'Ve put the nastiest paints imaginable over water slide decal paper is that is over! For printable vinyl is very durable, epoxy over water slide decals and tear resistant, and even waterproof with no required! You want the paint to dry at couple hours before transferring in your bowl water... Favorite Water-slide decal paper is basically like tattoo paper but instead of flipping it over you slide decal..... waterslide decals seem to be placed over a smooth glossy surface, 2 decal... Ship in 1 business day... Kansas City Digital Download waterslides water slide decals successfully but you to! Can attack the decals without using finish epoxy dry faster than it can get..